Lets Try Something New: Open Discussion - Friday Night Hollywood Park 5-9-2008

DuckgawdDuckgawd Senior Member
edited May 2008 in Horse Racing Forum
We are all gamblers who visit this forum, with most of us just pure horse lovers, and we all have our opinions which are entilted to, so I figured lets try to help each other make some smart wagers, and I started the thread today so we can have an open discussion about the card friday night at hollywood, and maybe each week we can change the track, I am going to but the PP's tommorow (If they are aviallable) and would post them but I dont know how they do that here, so everyone could look over the PP's and put in thier imput... So if someone can help out with the PP's that would be great. But look foward to some interesting thoughts on the break downs of each race...............

Comments

• RightAngleRightAngle Administrator
    edited May 2008
    Duckgawd, I like the idea, but it might be too early to start talking about Friday's card. Feel free to bump this thread later in the week.

Edward
  • tblues2008tblues2008 Member
    edited May 2008
    Great idea but I don't know if I put on TSN or Bris pp's on here I might get into some trouble for doing that though. As long as they don't mind I would be glad to do it.
  • DuckgawdDuckgawd Senior Member
    edited May 2008
    I just bough the DRF PP's myself, and I dont know how to post them for everyone to use/read.... But I will start posting some thoughts tonight, probally look over the first couple races, and then ill share some ideas i was thinking!

Look foward to some imput from you guys
    edited May 2008
    This thread is open for everyone!!!!!

A couple things though, first I dont want everyone just posting numbers for the race (i.e. Race 2: 3,4,5) I would like everyone to have a write up, on how they came up with that horse, why they think they are going to win, and how they think the race will set up.

Now lets talk wagers, share what you are good at, if You play Pick 3's, Pick 4's well share those, and maybe your explanation. If you play the Exacta and Trifecta's post those, and your thought behind setting up your ticket, the object of this thread is to help all of us become better handicappers and to win some money!

The card has a couple strong races that seem wide open, and also maybe a couple strong singles!
    edited May 2008
    Ok, started looking over the card, and I'm going to talk about Race #2:

We have a little 62K Stakes race going 6F over the Turf:

#1 Missvinski took a step back last time out with a speed fig of only 68, but was most impressive over seas where she was a top notch horse. I think this horse is sitting on a big effort and with the cut back in distance will help as well, this race has some speed and i think a good stalking trip will be perfect! Jockey Trainer hitting at 24% so far at HP, only down side is first race of the year, but has been working nicely... Also this filly is 3 for 3 at the distance on the turf. Should be a decent price as the 3 will be the fav.

#3 Bahama Mama: Coming off a G1 first place finish (DQ and placed 4th) with a speed fig of 90, tough to argue here with this filly to get the job done here.

#2 Red Diadem: Coming off a decent effort in a G3, but I think this one will be sent out with #3, set up for a horse coming off the pace. This one close 3rd with the #4, Had a nice win for a 90k stakes race a couple back

#4 Macadamia: had a nice beyer of 92 in the G3 back in october but is winless since, new rider aboard today, would need to improve and dont see it here.

#6 Hammet Star: This one is a ? for me, coming off maiden vicotry into a decent stakes with low numbers but has been on the improve over the last few races, but i see some speed here and think she will be sent out here so i would have to think she wont hang and fall back some.

#5 Anamanor: I crossed this mare right off, I think she is over matched here, best buyer was an 83 4 races back, works have not been impressive, I think the #1 will improve more with the cut back then this one

My Pick #1 WP
    Exacta Wheel 1/2,3,4
  • capper90capper90 Member
    edited May 2008
    HOL Friday night cards are IMO the worst thorough carded horses run in So. Cal.
    edited May 2008
    I am open to changing the tracks each week, but there was little interest in the thread, maybe try Belmont Park or the Preakness card saturday at Pimlico.....

I just picked hollywood park because i was going to capp the card already!