Woodbine Race 1: Friday 5/9/2008

DuckgawdDuckgawd Senior Member
edited May 2008 in Horse Racing Forum
Woodbine Race 1 (Friday 5/09/2008) 1 1/16th on the Syntetic Main Track

#1 Glenleary 9-5: This Steve Ammussen Trained 7 YO Gelding is shipping in from Texas to try his luck on the Synthetic Surface. Ask me why? And I have no answer, this guy has been competive at the OC 25K n2x and also at 20K Claiming down there, but ships up here to be entered into 10-9.5K claimers, maybe that is low level in houston, but here he has not run on the Synthetic and his workouts have been not impressive at all.... and if the saying about Turf to Synthetic is correct he has only 1 win from 16 starts, Does get one of the top jockeys at woodbine, but dont see this one happening here, and that mean a good betting race for me!

#2 Molinaro Beau 7-2 Dont think this one is in top form here, Does have a nice career under his belt but a little raced gelding with 1 win from 5 starts last year, this one keeps dropping in Claiming price, I think should be competive here, but I dont have this one on Top.

#3 Four on the Rock 4-1 This one has been running consistent speed figs in the 70's which might be good enough tommorow to get the win in this race, 2nd start of the year, and going from sprint to Route and the last time out (3rd) was a good race with some good run down the lane, but losing the 5 lbs today and stretching out, might be a little harder for this good runner, Trainer with a small barn has had some sucess, A key contender but got underneath for me!

#4 Hindu Holiday 8-1 this is the speed of the race, I think this one will get out to a quick lead but no indication that this one can hold that, just runs too fast early, going from 7F to a 1 1/16th im sure the connections will try the same technique with trying gate to wire, but today he will be caught.

#5 Blue Mon 12-1 Jumps from a 4th in a 12K claimer up to a 74K Allowance, No reason for that, back in softer company, has the distance in him, as you look back to his mountaineer days and you see some long ones, dont think the synthetic is a help here 0 for 3 and not even hitting the board, Give an outside chance

#6 Smiling Jordan 10-1 Same start to the year as last, a sprint race where he did ok, finishing mid pack and then dropping down in price and stretching out to 1 1/16th which is his race, has some better numbers at FE but I think this one has got a good one race ready! Dont know exactly what the trainer is up to with this horse, has he will be a better runner at FE which opened up the 3rd, but still has success at Woodbine, 4 wins from 20 starts at Woodbine, and 7 wins from 24 at the distance, if this one can improve 2nd off the layoff he will be in contention with Four on the Rock, put this one on top with the better price!

#7 Twice a Princess 8-1this is a 4YO filly running with the boys and cutting her price in half, might have a shot with the big class drop against the boys, since she has always been in filly races, not in the greatest form of late but 5 wins from 11 starts at the distance. Has an outside chance.

Wagering Stategy

#6 WP

Exacta Wheel

6 / 2,3,5,7 and 2,3,5,7 / 6

Good Payout Potential here since dont think Favorite will take to the surface.....

Comments

• warrantwarrant Banned
    edited May 2008
    gotta love the bine! real racing

and i like a man who doesent play chalkers
  • warrantwarrant Banned
    edited May 2008
    heres what the program sais about race 1

RACE #1

BANNON
    1. GLENLEARY
    2. FOUR ON THE ROCK
    3. MOLINARO BEAU

ABERNATHY
    1. FOUR ON THE ROCK
    2. GLENLEARY
    3. MOLINARO BEAU

GLENLEARY looks to be a logical competitor; he last
    competed just over a month ago at Sam Houston in Texas
    where he was tied for second in a second allowance event
    going long in the mud; the same winner had beaten him less
    than a length two starts ago for $25,000; for this local
    introduction for Steve Asmussen, he runs for just $10,000
    with Wilson

MOLINARO BEAU had very little opportunity to show what he
    could do in an April 11th seasonal bow at only seven furlongs;
    he took some support partly because he had won his
    seasonal bow the year before; now that he gets to stretch out,
    he should change form; he gets to run for just $10,000.

FOUR ON THE ROCK had an adequate primer April 18th at
    seven furlongs getting ready for this stretch to a route; he
    finished third in that last event at one level higher; Pizarro
    retains the mount for new trainer Willie Armata.

HINDU HOLIDAY is a recognizable pace component here;
    he figured to wake up second time at the meet April 25th
    when stretched to seven furlongs; surprisingly, he held off
    the favourite.

BLUE MON was on the edges for $12,500 two starts ago with
    an off the pace rally in a sprint; after being protected last time
    when beyond his means, he now comes in for $10,000.
    SMILING JORDAN was given no chance in an April 18th
    seasonal bow because of the tough field and short distance;
    he finished sixth of 12; now that he gets to stretch to his
    preferred distance, he has a chance to do things much more
    effectively.

TWICE A PRINCESS is a four year old filly dropping down
    looking for her first score of the season in this her fourth
    start; she does have five lifetime wins; she was overmatched
    April 20th when coming home from Florida to try a seven
    furlongs event which featured a slow pace; she likes going
    this distance.
  • warrantwarrant Banned
    edited May 2008
    SMILING JORDAN was given no chance in an April 18th
    seasonal bow because of the tough field and short distance;
    he finished sixth of 12; now that he gets to stretch to his
    preferred distance, he has a chance to do things much more
    effectively.
  • DuckgawdDuckgawd Senior Member
    edited May 2008
    I also put togeather a tri; $1 Tri 3,6 / 1,3,6/ 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 hopefully that looks ok, used my phone to post this....
  • warrantwarrant Banned
    edited May 2008
    Duckgawd wrote: »
    I also put togeather a tri; $1 Tri 3,6 / 1,3,6/ 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 hopefully that looks ok, used my phone to post this....

3 6 1, good stuff

6 went off at 14 to 1

9 to 5
    14 to 1
    8 to 5

5 was scratched
  • 50 Eggs50 Eggs Junior Member
    edited May 2008
    warrant wrote: »
    3 6 1, good stuff

6 went off at 14 to 1

9 to 5
    14 to 1
    8 to 5

5 was scratched

Congratulations. Great start to the day! Thanks for the tip.
  • DuckgawdDuckgawd Senior Member
    edited May 2008
    Results:

#6 Smiling Jordan $8.80 (For the Place) +4.80 on $2 WP Wager

3-6 Exacta $1 Paid $21.20 +$15.20 on $1 Wager (Note 5 was scratched brought total to $6 for both $1 Exactas)

3-6-1 Trifecta $1 Paid $61.25 +45.25 on $1 Trifecta ($16 play with the scratch of the 5)

Race Recap:
    As some of you know I follow Fort Erie, and some woodbine, This horse is one horse I like to follow because he does well in the right spot, Last year i bet this one in the same spot and he won, today he got a 2nd 1 1/2 lenghts back which is ok, race recap says was game running late but maybe just too late of a kick... Race set up the way i was thinking with Hindu Holiday getting a lead and then falling back, with both four on the rocks and smiling Jordan closing but i went with the price he came up a little short, still some good payoffs, and maybe a little better if the 5 didnt scratch out!

look foward to some other good races in the future, thanks to the people who took the time to read my write up on this one!