Fort Erie (Sunday May 11th)

DuckgawdDuckgawd Senior Member
edited May 2008 in Horse Racing Forum
Heading up to Fort Erie today, First time this year.... And just sharing a couple of the races I felt more comfortable with.

Race 2: 6 Horses going 5F Claiming price of 7500 N3L....

#1 Bear Griz 8-1 2nd start of the year back at FE, but making a couple undesired jumps here, coming off a 6th at 4K N2L now in 7500N3L no need, I think will run better today, and give a slight shot too, but dont think the jumps are necassary this early.

#2 Sleepin' Lion 5-2 This one coming down from Woodbine with some decent numbers, 1 win from 4 starts at FE and does have the potential to get the job done here, but these canadians overbet there Woodbine shippers, I think this one will get a lot of play at the window, like another one more.

#3 Slice of Glory 8-1 Would be very suprised if this one got up for 1st or 2nd, just has not been very good, 0-7 at FE and thought he would run better in the mud but didnt show up... only underneath in the tri for some value

#4 Way To Run 2-1 The ML Favorite, think will go off as 2nd choice 1 for 1 at FE, making a nice class jump after a nice win, and interresting Beckon chooses to ride this one, some nice speed adding 1/2F today Deffintly a contender, would think goes off 2nd choice.

#5 Funny Phone 4-1 Coming off the Maiden Victory at Penn, 1st time at FE and dont really have a good feel on this one, was a beaten fav 3 times before finally winning, going against winners for the first time might be trouble, FE tends to run a little fast and this one shows speed, good value here, but to many questions for me.

#6 Blue Rodeo 7-2 (This is my Choice) Coming off a 2nd by a neck in a claiming 5KN3L so making a small step up but nothing too major, only 2 wins from 30 starts but has been running ok at lower level, Kind of an odd selection with Beckon choosing other in this race, but this is another speed horse drawn to the outside so sets up for a stalking trip and he showed some kick last time out, i look for this one to sit off the pace and be game late.

Wagering Strategy

#6 WP

Exacta 6/2,4,5 and 2,4,5/6

Race 3 fMD Sp Wt 17k 5F

#1 Donna Nook 3-1 Very possiable runner today, coming off a much improved race showing speed going 5f over the synthetic, but today at FE might be easier to hold the speed. I dont have a good feeling about this one.

#2 Igeta Kickoutaslew 6-1 first 3 races of the career were similar spot at FE then shipped to Woodbine, got to like this one underneath been training well, look for a good race out of this one! 2nd choice in my opinion

#3 Hottimeinthecity 8-1 First time starter, bought for 75K at Keeneland, shows up at the Fort in protected company, i think this one has a strong chance in this weak field, bread to love the distance, i feel the connections just want an easy spot fo this 3YO filly since ships down from Woodbine.... I put on top, Good Price!

#4 Swingin Gal 8-1 this one should get some play with the drop from MD 32K into a MD Sp Wt 17k races have been ok but nothing impressive, should be mid pack.

#5 A Touch of Frost 6-1 Another First time starter, and some good works with a bullet on the 15th of april going 4F even though she has faster works, Got to give these firsters a chance in a field like this. I have underneath

#6 Little Brook 5-2 ML Fav here, coming off a speed fig of 0, but getting 1st time lasix might help, but i cant back this one, has shown nothing to be worthy of the price.

#7 D'Wild Night 7-2 2nd life time start, and will improve but 13 lenghts off, but not killed, showed good speed but off since sept, i look for a big improvement here, but will still use underneath.

Wagering Strategy

#3 WP

Exacta 3/2,5,6,7 and 2,5,6,7/3

Trifecta 2,3 / 2,3,7 / 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 = $20 for $1

Theres a couple, I got to do some running around, but Ill try to post at the track on my phone... I wont have the whole race write up but ill give my reasoning for my choice!

Comments

• DuckgawdDuckgawd Senior Member
    edited May 2008
    in the 4th I'm going with the 8. a few horses have speed drawn to the outside and at a good price. #8 wps
  • DuckgawdDuckgawd Senior Member
    edited May 2008
    Just returned from a good day at the track... The track is deffintly favoring front running style horses, and the last race threw up some good prices! A horse players dream to hit! I didnt get any piece of that.

Results:

Race 2: #6 $6.70 $3.90 (+6.60 on $2 WP)
    Exacta $1 $9.80 (+3.80 For $1(

Race 3 #3 Ran 3rd (-$4 on $2 WP)
    Exacta (-$8 on $1 Exacta)
    Trifecta (-$20 on $1 Trifecta)

Race 4 #8 ran Out (-$4 on $2 WP)

-$26 and some change on Min wager bets.....