Del Mar Longshot I like today

choons81choons81 Senior Member
edited August 2007 in Horse Racing Forum
R6
#6 PRIVATE WIND - Definitely will improve with change in blinkers (going off) today. Looks good for the conditions of this contest - has solid recent speed figures.

Playing 6 WPS

Any comments/suggestions welcome (Especially from DC LOL)

GL$$

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited August 2007
    I have some very poor workout reports on Private Wind. His last two races are pretty ugly, too. If he so much as hits the board, i'll be very surprised...
  • choons81choons81 Senior Member
    edited August 2007
    I have some very poor workout reports on Private Wind. His last two races are pretty ugly, too. If he so much as hits the board, i'll be very surprised...

One day I went to Los Alamitos and the guy who works the Preferred parking was working. The dude owns a few QH (lol don't ask how) and we asked him when he was running his horse again. He said he didn't know because he only enters his horse where it has a chance to win....moral behind the story is that sometimes I will bet a horse with equipment change because I feel the connections wouldn't enter a horse in a race if it didn't have a chance. Almost like Aqueduct with huge fields, sometimes just put 10 dollars to win on all Double Digit to win horses LOL.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited August 2007
    Equipment changes are always (potentially) important, but it's not like this horse has never run without blinkers before. They were missing for his first 7 starts, all losses. The addition of blinkers on Jan 7 didn't appear to make much difference, as he ran pretty much the same kind of race he'd been running already. His form clearly nose-dived in his next two starts, and note that he's been gone 4 months since his last one. He likely developed some kind of physical problem, and judging from the workout reports, he doesn't return in good form. I'd steer clear if i were you...

PS - Also note the trainer is 1-for-45 this year. Yuck.
  • choons81choons81 Senior Member
    edited August 2007
    You convinced me to lay off....1 for 45 is a big Yuck. This is why I love this forum. Potentially saving each other some cash.

Thanks for your input before I slammed this race....

GL