Spot Play Tuesday May 20th (For Erie)

DuckgawdDuckgawd Senior Member
edited May 2008 in Horse Racing Forum
Smiling Jordan shows up for the first time of the year at Fort Erie, Race 5: 1 Mile 70 Yds Claiming 16K - 14K

#1 Salvo 8-1 This one is shipping in from Mountaineer where he ran at a low level Claim Rank going 1 mile, but ran pretty nice, winning by 1 1/2 and 8 lengths the last 2 outings, if he can run the Mar 25 race tommorow he will be a big factor. Has a win and a 3rd over the track but only down fall for this guy his the big class jump. WIll use in exotic wagers.

#2 Organ Grinder 12-1 This one shipping in from Woodbine and dropping about half in price, Finished poorly in his last outing, but Husbands has the call coming down with Woodbine not racing, but I figure this horse to be sitting in the back of the pack with no evidence of any gate speed what so ever, and I dont see a ton of pace in this race, think it will be tough to get up for more then 3rd. Would only use underneath

#3 V S O P Please 8-1 Taking the blinkers off today and going from OC into the 16K ranks but stretching out, has shown some late kick in the sprint races, with only 1 race at over a mile finishing 4th. I think this guy will be part of the pace which isnt bad but depending on how much pressure he gets will determine if he can hold on for piece of the pie. Would use underneath, Trainer not too sucessful with a small crop.

#4 Honest Accountant 7-2 I think this one will get some play tommorow at the windows, shipping in from woodbine and cutting from 30K down to 16K (by the way 16K is good for Fort Erie) Dont like this one much either, 14 starts last year with only 1 win and 1 2nd, did race in some big allowance races I will use in exotics but underneath.

#5 Disbelief 5-2 ML fav here, coming off a nice race N1Y with a fig of 76 at the distance last monday, I dont like the quick turnaround and the trainer 0-5 with this move, jumping up to 16K today off the nice victory, As stated earlier i dont see much pace in here, and this one doesnt have much gate speed, lays back and closes nicely, I think will be in conntention but a little too far back.

#6 Smiling Jordan 8-1 first off a great ML for this one, 7 for 16 Lifetime at the fort, coming off a nice 2nd up at woodbine and he has a lot of different running styles, if its a hot pace he can sit back and close late, and if its slow early he will be right there and ready to run coming in the lane, in this race I dont see much pace i think will be sitting 2nd or 3rd and have first run and a solid effort will have this one coming home for a nice score. I like the spot he is in again today! started off on a warmup 7F and now going the 1 mile + that he loves, he is one of the better ones at the fort and can compete at this level.

#7 Lismano 3-1 Claimed last time out and making a similar jump up as smiling jordan but coming off a win, I put this one as the best of the closers, he does show some gate speed so i dont see this one beeing too far back and will be a factor. 2 wins and 2 3rds last 4 startys and all in nice company. 2nd choice for me.

#8 Solihull 12-1 This one been off for awhile, since november, under a new trainer, but 2 back had a great stretch duel with smiling jordan, Think he might need a freshning but i will still use in exotics, 2 wins from 3 starts at the fort, Beckon gets the call who is one of the better riders at the fort. Will keep an eye on for next start out.

Wagering Strategy

#6 $10 WP = $20

$2 Exacta 6,7 / 3,4,5,6,7,8 = $20

Trifecta 6,7 / 5,6,7,8 / 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 =$36

Comments

• dodgers45dodgers45 Senior Member
    edited May 2008
    May have been a good call but he scratched !
  • DuckgawdDuckgawd Senior Member
    edited May 2008
    Yes, I see that he was scratched, he was declared a Stewards Scratch, What does that mean?

Anyone help out on that one?
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited May 2008
    Rules of Racing

No entry will be received except upon the condition that all disputes, claims and objections arising out of the racing or with respect to the interpretation of the conditions of any race shall be decided by the Stewards, and their decision upon all matters shall be final.

At the discretion of the Stewards, and without notice, the entries of any person, or acceptance of transfer of any entries, may be refused.

The Stewards reserve the right to withdraw or scratch any horse which, in their opinion will not qualify for the race in which it has been entered.