Do Steroids effect a horses performance?

MikeSolarMikeSolar Member
edited June 2008 in Horse Racing Forum
Hmmm, wondering why a trainer changes his horses winning training habits weeks before the biggest race of his life. Yes, the rule is changing, but it was legal during this race. Also I feel that the fact that Big Brown was taken off steroids was not highly written about in any articles I read.
Just my opinion, but I feel like Rick Dutrow Jr. proved today that yes, steroids do effect a racehorses
abilities. Oh well, there was only what little over 5 million dollars bet to win on the horse.
No big deal. Anyone know more about the effect of steroids on the horses performance? Right now
I'm feeling a little like, lets see the horses is facing the toughest race of his life, he is running
a longer race than his two previous races. This is a tough and grueling path of 5 weeks of racing to the triple crown, so hey I know, lets take him off his steroids! Glad I don't bet big, feel little sorry for the people who did at this point. I mean the horse was eased, came in dead last! In fact, the only horse in history going in as the triple crown contender to finish last. Nah, couldn't have a thing to do with changing his medication. Go figure.