Who Wants To Own A Harness Race Horse

RRSilv3RRSilv3 Junior Member
edited June 2008 in Horse Racing Forum
If anyone, Rich, Poor, or Average, Is interested in owning a race horse, for an investment or just for the enjoyment of watching the race or joining the horse in the winners circle. Going to take a picture with a horse you own in the winners circle is the best feeling ever. If you want the chance to experience what I experience all the time then please contact me. Also you can write of horse racing on your taxes. My name is Ralph Silvestri and my email address is RRSilv3@aol.com. Harness Racing is an awesome sport. If you know nothing about it, please email me and I will explain. I race in Northeast USA.

You can live anywhere and be a horse owner because 1. the trainer trains and cares for the horse. 2. with todays technology you can watch any race from anywhere you can get a computer and a internet connection.

Horse Racing is not only exciting but a great investment. You can make a great return. For example. I had a horse worth 5,000 dollars ( cheapest I own ) He raced at Yonkers Raceway in a final of a series. The finals went for a purse of approx. $25,000. He won the race. We got $12,500 (50%, 25%, 12%, 8%, 5%, that is the breakdown for 1st place thru 5th place).

The Owners buy the full horse themselves or they get other owners to be there partners. There are 2 ways to pay a trainer. I charge $45 dollars a day per horse, that includes the training, care, and feed of the horse. At the end of a 30 day month you get a bill for $45/day x 30 days = $1,350 per horse. Then you have to pay for shipping costs, stall rent, and vet work. Estimates to be about $2,000 a month per horse.

Whatever the horse earns, you take out 10%, 5% for the trainer and 5% for the driver, then you keep the rest.

For more information, please dont hesitate to ask.

Ralph Silvestri
RRSilv3@aol.com
RSilvestri@arbpe.com