Fort Erie: Sunday 6/22

DuckgawdDuckgawd Senior Member
edited June 2008 in Horse Racing Forum
Well i am heading up to the Fort, not going to make the long drive up to woodbine for the queens plate, but will watch up there.... Here are a couple of my thoughts about todays card.

Race 1: These low level claimers going 5F all seem to be evenly matched with any number of a handful possiably crossing the line first. #1 Social Lake is the only one coming off a win, but over the slop but I give this one a chance to come back facing winners for the first time. #5 Tethra's Dream broke the maiden and jumped up to 9k back at low level and might light up the tote board again like the 38-1 score 2 back. and #7 Monida Pass been on the sidelines all year but has a few good workouts and this guys trainer is one of the hottest up at the fort with 5 wins from 11 starts, this one might need a race but Im leaning toward this one is ready to go!

ExB 1,5,7 (All longshots on the ML)

Race 2: Fillys going 5F for a tag of $7500: #1 Piece of the Pie (ML Fav.) looks to be the best, with a speed fig of 69 as the fav there as well, pretty much the same race here. But I got two others to go with this gitl, #2 Royal Preperation coming off a win as well with a 44 speed fig but only 1 tick slower, These two probally get togeather early and see whos got more in the tank. #5 Magnificent Daner coming off an allowance race but look two back where she went 5F in 58.4 which is faster then the first two, but did tire to win by a head, but if she runs a similar race should be in the hunt!

ExB 1,2,5 TriB 1,2,5

Race 3: Optional Claimers going a route, only two i want to mention here, #6 Solihull who should be the ML Fav had a nice 75 speed rating in claiming 16K and this isnt that big of jump, 16K is the highest for the fort, and the place finisher came back to win, so have to think he is legit here. But for a price, #7 Hail the Moon after breaking the maiden at 10K the connections got bold and tried a 69K allowance up at woodbine, and the horse got smashed! Today back in a little more respectable company but still a little overmatched but taking the blinkers off, which might help with a little more early speed, but this guys will still be coming late. Would use in exotics.

WPS #7

Race 4: Maiden Fillys foing 1 70yds for 10K: Tough race here, not many have a lot of races and some tyring the new distance as well. Im looking at the firster here, i think a weaker field today, and this one should love the distance. a steady work of 5F makes me think they were pointing to a route race. Im sure the odds will float up on this girl and Ill give her a big shot.

WPS #7

Race 5: Some older guys going 6F for a tag of 4K: #3 Russian Hand 2nd choice on the ML, this one coming off two 5F races where he finished 2nd and 3rd and stretching out to 6F which helps this guy who comes fom the clouds, has the best speed fig last out, and I think this race sets up very good for this guy! Top Choice on the day.

#3 WP (I will wheel him in some exotics as well, just dont have those pinned down yet)

Race 7: MD Sp Wt 17K 6F for fillys on the Turf: I believe this is top Md Sp Wt the fort offers, but not many good ones here either, ML Fav #4 is 0 for 14. I give some chances to the firsters in here as well, both have a good turf pedigree, #1 Amadea has decent works, but i would lean more toward the #5 She Can Score bullet work last time out, Trainer has only 1 start on the year so dont know how good he is. I think this race is wide open, and i think some good payouts. Ill see how they look on the track and maybe play a 4 horse ExB if I see some good prices!

Race 8: Md $5K going 6F draws a full field of 12, Usually the fort has some good payouts on the last race! superfecta race and they try real hard to send a full field. Didnt get a chance to handicapp to well for this one... But deffinlty use some prices because they will be around!

Comments

• DuckgawdDuckgawd Senior Member
    edited June 2008
    just got up to the track... and it is listed as muddy and off the turf so throw out the firsters based on the turf pedigree and I'm sure sme odds will change... track isn't too bad though