Interesting Stat Sheet for Contendors

MikeSolarMikeSolar Member
edited June 2008 in Horse Racing Forum
Although I didn't do wlll in the contest, I noticed that my stats sheet had done very well if I
would have only checked the correct columns. Of course I had to go through every race and
do my #'s and figures and times, comparisons and all the stuff I love to do.

I was reminded of something I already knew in that often I make things much more complicated
than I should. The sheet I had had already broken down all the races in a simple two pages
where each race was looked at and split into bunch of columns with the comparison #'s, but
hey that was to easy. Just had to see for my self, I mean the thing cost 2 bucks right?

Well to make a long story short, one row in the sheet was on fire! Here's the stats.

Using the top two figures in the row for picking contendors ( top figure hit two races on the nose)
the row hit the winner 6 out of 9 races. (Two races were maidens and did not include this column out of the 11 races).

Using the top three figures to break down contedors, it hit the winner 8 out of 9 times!

I believe the top three contendors hit the esacta at least three times boxing em, and
the trifecta twice.

In some cases, there was a tie for the top #, where one of the horses won but caused
more contendor

Just wanted to pass this on, as I was impressed by the stats. I'm gonna use it if I
ever get to track. After all, isn't going to the window what it's really all about?

Oh yeah, the program is the download full program from equibase, final copy. Costs 2 bucks.
The row is one listed as Last E on the compiled stats that print out before the PP's.

Thanks, good luck on next contest. Mike

Comments

• MikeSolarMikeSolar Member
    edited June 2008
    quibase® Full Past Performances (final)

Here's the one I download.