Heatseeker out of Gold Cup

fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
edited June 2008 in Horse Racing Forum
Heatseeker out of Gold Cup
By STEVE ANDERSEN
INGLEWOOD, Calif. - Heatseeker, the leading older horse in California, was withdrawn from Saturday’s $750,000 Hollywood Gold Cup on Friday after developing swelling in his left front ankle, trainer Jerry Hollendorfer said.

“The injury is not believed to be serious,” Hollendorfer said.

He said that Heatseeker should resume training in coming days, pending further diagnostic tests.

“He filled up a left front ankle and had some heat in it,” Hollendorfer said. “We made the decision not to run. We hope to run later in the year. The X-rays were negative. Hopefully it will calm down and we can resume training. We consulted with our vet and we made a decision not to run.”

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited June 2008
    Wow, talk about bad timing.

Btw, is it just me, or do these two statements seem to contradict each other?

(a) The injury is not believed to be serious

(b) We hope to run later in the year
  • edited June 2008
    i'm looking for a winner in this race. since heatseeker is out, who do you think will win the race on saturday at hollywood park, tiago?. sometimes smith can win the horses. student council , he won the last race and seerms the fastest. go between? my email's ault86@cox.net. i would appriate a reply. with twinspires, if i wager$25.00 on both belmont and hollywood races they will give me 1,000 points. i only have $29.00 in my account. i need to be able to win in order to play. both tracks like that.without putting more money in. you gave me a good trifecta to play last sunday. do you have another one?
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited June 2008
    I like Racketeer in the Gold Cup and Harlington in the Suburban. Rich Im not sure about you but i wouldnt post my email on the board let alone my full address in my profile. Good Luck to you today