"Horse to Watch" entered today

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited June 2008 in Horse Racing Forum
A horse that i've had in my stable mail (Jehan) is entered at Churchill today. In her debut @ Churchill a couple of weeks ago, she was entered vs. Ocean Colors, a highly-regarded Asmussen filly who happens to be a duaghter of the Kentucky Derby-winning filly Winning Colors. Despite the presence of Ocean Colors, Jehan was being absolutely hammered on the toteboard in early wagering, sitting as low as 1/2 with about 20 minutes to post (she eventually drifted up to 6/5 as Ocean Colors took some late action). Once the race started, Jehan stumbled pretty badly leaving the gate (not sure why it says "hopped" in the Racing Form), and then was bumped, costing her several lengths. That allowed Ocean Colors to set an uncontested pace. Jehan then made a giant middle-move to come alongside Ocean Colors on the turn, but that one re-broke and won going away. Jehan stayed on very well for 2nd however, in fact she finished 4 lengths clear of the rest of the field. Without the gate incident, there's little doubt in my mind she would've given Ocean Colors one hell of a battle. Jehan may in fact have been best that day. On top of that, Jehan now has a race under her belt, and should be fitter this time around. Should be very tough to beat today. Definite stakes-type here.