Possiable Bridge Jumpers Today: Hollywood Park Race 5: Zenyatta

DuckgawdDuckgawd Senior Member
edited July 2008 in Horse Racing Forum
Today at Hollywood Park: Zenyatta will be running and her ML is 2-5 and this filly has been most impressive cruising in all her victories! Usually I like to have a reason on why a horse wont finish in the money but this one is solid.... I will be watching the tote on this one and will be back if there is a huge pool on Zenyatta

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited July 2008
    It'll be awfully hard to keep Zenyatta out of the money. She'd probably need to fall down.
  • DuckgawdDuckgawd Senior Member
    edited July 2008
    Agreed But that is Usually the case with all horses that have an abnormal amount bet on them to Show!
    edited July 2008
    Disagree. Not all bridge-jumping horses are created equal.

In any case, i can't fault your logic. I've made 5 or 6 show bets over the years in attempt to take advantage of these situations, but have never been lucky enough to cash one (not at the big price, anyway). Closest i came was when Siphonic stumbled badly out of the gate; he still ran second though.
    edited July 2008
    I have only hit twice myself, but do follow bridge jumpers but there are times where I dont know until the race is over, because I dont have the Totes up for all the tracks, so i try to scan over a few tracks to see if there are some heavy favs, and some of the best bridge jumpers are on Cali horses and los al, i have seen a couple that have paid pretty big down there!

But we will see how they bet her, she might not get over bet today... Time will tell!
    edited July 2008
    Ok well so far looking good, $31,000 Bet on Zenyatta out of a $33,000 Pool
    edited July 2008
    A lot of money to win and show on Zenyatta, might be good to try all the others to win as well, but ill go with the show:

$10 Show 1,2,4,5,6,7
    edited July 2008
    Well she got it done, get back $34 so I lost 26 but if she didnt come in it would have been huge, because there was over like 290K out of 300K on her, would have been real huge!

Dont know if that was her best race but she got it done 6 for 6! good to see some nice fillies
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited July 2008
    I went with $2 show on all the others. Only lost a few bucks. Last time I did that was the TB derby and I had $3 show on every horse except Was Pass and won close to $200. Def worth it. bet a little to win alot!
    edited July 2008
    That wasn't anything close to her best race.