Free selection from DiscreetPicks.com (the first race from Del Mar)

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited July 2008 in Horse Racing Forum
Del Mar - Race 1

#7 Plan For Fun (3/1 ml)

I know, a play in the first race of the meet goes against what i just said. Lots to like here though. First off, this horse has a terrific foundation with 5 straight route races since coming off the break, and that's the kind of horse you wanted early on the Del Mar meet last year. He also comes from off the pace, another criteria that was crucial to success in Del Mar routes last year. It also seems he won (or at least ran well) over the Del Mar poly last year, as the last race showing at the bottom of his PP's lists him as the 2/1 favorite in a Del Mar race similar to this one (meaning he probably either won or ran close in his previous race, which almost certainly came over the Del Mar poly). Going further, this horse was claimed out of his last start by 28% first-off-the-claim trainer Jeff Mullins, and Mullins is listed as one of the owners here, so apparently he claimed this horse for himself. Right before the Del Mar meet, where he's entered on Opening Day. Looks like Mullins claimed this horse specifically for Del Mar, which bodes well because Mullins won with an outstanding 24% of his Del Mar polytrack starters last year. Mullins knows (or knew) what it took to win here, apparently right from the start. Also of note here is that Plan For Fun has previously been in the Mullins barn. The last time Mullins claimed this horse, he won first time off the claim, just as he's trying to do today. The rider that day? Tyler Baze. Today's rider? Tyler Baze.

HRT record:

44 for 147 (30%)

$388.50 mutuels ($8.83 avg)

Comments

• laker5laker5 Member
    edited July 2008
    Once again, nice call DP!
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited July 2008
    Good Work, DCAT, Like I have always said you are one of the best out there.

FB
  • Steve19036Steve19036 Member
    edited July 2008
    Nice call i'm following you on this early pick 3 at DelMar hopefully we cash it. Thanks