Saratoga opens on Wednesday

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited July 2008 in Horse Racing Forum
Note that one of my horses-to-watch (Cognito) is entered in the first 2yo race of the meet. Here's what i wrote after his debut:

"Speaking of horses to watch, Cognito ran lights-out in defeat today (Churchill, Race 1). In addition to being checked slightly on the backstretch, and steadied behind horses in the stretch, i think the assistant starter had a hold of his bridle when the gates opened. When viewing the head-on, you can see his head get yanked to the side as he attempted to break, and as a result he then swerved inward pretty badly. I believe that's why he wasn't on the lead. Looks double-tough next time out with a clean break, but i highly doubt we'll see 3/1 next time. Looks like a stakes horse to me."

Comments

• MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited July 2008
    Cognito looks good in that race. Im going to box him in exactas with #1,1A Motts horses and #7 Brave Victory. Your getting 2 nice horses here the 1-Pious David(Who has shown some decent works lately and is by a horse I always liked Aldebaran) 1A-Zensational($700,000 horse by Unbridled's Song). Also like the #7-Brave Victory(Lion heart horses have been running like monsters lately)
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited July 2008
    Also of note tomorrow is the entry of Ocean Colors, a 2yo daughter of the Kentucky Derby-winning filly Winning Colors who won her debut by open lengths.