Free selection from DiscreetPicks.com

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited July 2008 in Horse Racing Forum
Saratoga - Race 2

#1 Cognito (2/1 ml)

Asmussen 2yo worked the fastest furlong at the April Keeneland sale (9.3), then ran a bang-up race in his Churchill debut. In addition to being checked slightly on the backstretch, and steadied behind horses in the stretch, i believe the assistant starter still had a hold of his bridle when the gates opened. When viewing the head-on, i saw his head get yanked to the side as he attempted to break, and as a result he then swerved inward pretty badly. I believe that's why he wasn't on the lead, as he clearly demonstrated at the sale that he has a good bit of speed. Delving further into that race, notice the horse who beat him (Proud Jefe) returned a few days ago to win a $50,000 stakes @ Canterbury by 4 lengths. Also note that it was roughly 5 lengths from Cognito back to the rest of the field. More recently, Cognito worked heads-up (at Saratoga) with barnmate Ocean Colors, who starts as the 5/2 ml favorite in today's Schuylerville Stakes.

HRT record:

45 for 148 (30%)

$395.30 mutuels ($8.78 avg)

Comments

• turfmanturfman Senior Member
    edited July 2008
    i will have a 1-2 exacta box.....thank's in advance
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited July 2008
    Cognito wins @ $4.60
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited July 2008
    Just got me with that horse I had the 7 Brave Victory. A few more jumps I might of had a shot