Horse Racing - Wednesday

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited August 2007 in Horse Racing Forum
Saratoga - Race 2

#4 Moral Compass (10/1 ml)

Barclay Tagg firster worked head-up multiple times with Rebounded, who won a 2yo turf route on Friday despite nearly falling down at the top of the stretch.

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited August 2007
    Moral Compass went off @ a juicy 17/1, but was well-beaten by the impressive firster Maimonides. Thought it was worth trying to beat him, based on the conflicting reports regarding his talent level. I guess THAT issue has been put to rest...
  • DustinYoungDustinYoung Member
    edited August 2007
    Thanks for the post DC. Figured you might go in that direction :).
    edited August 2007
    Saratoga - Race 6

#8 Z Humor (3/1 ml)
    #9 Langley (6/1 ml)

As you can see, i ran into a little problem here. I'm gonna go ahead and post them both. I've been waiting on Z Humor for a few days, as he comes out of a heads-up drill with Majestic Warrior, who came out of that work to record an impressive 3-length win on Saturday. Desormeaux takes the call on this Mott/Zayat Stables colt, and these connections have been on fire at the meet.

Langley however comes out of a heads-up drill with Sky Mom, who is already a multiple winner for Asmussen and most recently ran a troubled second in a stakes race @ Woodbine. Asmussen obviously excels with firsters, most notably with Gomez (today's jockey) aboard. 6/1 morning line? Yeah, gimme some.

Note: If odds allow, i'd recommend betting threse two as an entry. Obviously an exacta box is in order as well.

HRT record:

3 for 13 (23%)

$25.50 mutuels ($8.50 avg)
    edited August 2007
    Z Humor wins impressively @ $5.20

Langley went off @ 9/1 and didn't show much at all
    edited August 2007
    Del Mar - Race 1

#1 Centorbi (7/2 ml)

Matlow dropper comes in with some impressive drills over the polytrack, and should run well here. Conversely, the 2/1 ml favorite Jen's Chapter has not been impressive at all in her recent work. Also note that she's being dropped in for a tag just one race after a very nice 2nd behind the outstanding filly Glorified. Looks like a fire-sale to me...
    edited August 2007
    Centorbi went off @ 6/1 and cruised out to a nice lead on the backstretch, but was acting a little rank (throwing his head around a bit) and then flat-out blew the turn. He did manage to finish third, but good grief.

Jen's New Chapter ran second as the 4/5 favorite, btw...