Travers Selection

MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
edited August 2008 in Horse Racing Forum
11th Race:

#2 Colonel John I cant see passing on this horse at the possible odds he is going to be. The horse has never been higher than 4-1 and that was in the Kentucky Derby and there were 20 horses. Yes he did get beat in his last race but I thought it was a good race off of a layoff. It was a 4 horse field and he found himself chasing the lone front speed in Two Step Salsa afraid this horse would steal it on the front end. Would of liked to see a bigger field in that race and maybe he would of layed back. The co-favorites in this race today look to be Pyro and Mambo In Seattle. The 2 knocks against these horses is when they turn for home Colonel John will be in front of Pyro and I dont think Pyro can out kick him to the wire. Mambo In Seattle ran and won a nice race last out but he is stepping up to grade 1 and is putting on 8 pounds and the last time he put on weight he didnt even show up. Im going with Colonel John here with a bargain price.

Comments

• laker5laker5 Member
    edited August 2008
    Good luck Mike, let's bring home that paper.
  • wire2wirewire2wire Senior Member
    edited August 2008
    NICE ONE...w2w
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited August 2008
    Still managed to win considering all of the trouble around the far turn. Also think another reason was the 8 Pounds Mambo In Seattle put on might of cost him the race. Hey a win is a win. Heading to Mohegans tomm after hitting that flat bet, Exacta, and tri. Its about time
  • wire2wirewire2wire Senior Member
    edited August 2008
    PLAT THE JACKPOT PARTY SLOTS...THEY PAY OFF WELL...w2w
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited August 2008
    Where are these slots located? And how much are they? Ive only been there once and that was for the horses. Im actually going there for a concert that starts at 7 but we are leaving at 10am so I have the whole day.
  • hue21998hue21998 Banned
    edited August 2008
    sometime when your going to mohegans or foxwoods let me know, live in ct here