10th Race Saratoga Hopeful Selection

MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
edited September 2008 in Horse Racing Forum
10th race:

#2 Desert Party: Had a tough decision between this horse and the #1 Break Water Edison. Went with the Desert party instead in this spot. He hasnt run in over 5 weeks and he has thrown in some nice workouts since. Always like the way Harty handles his youngsters (Note Colonel John) and i think he has him ready for his biggest race yet and should improve with the added distance. I thought he was rather impressive in his last even though it was a 4 horse field and the track was like a river. Should get around 5-1 or so on this horse today. Im going to box him in exactas with #1 Break Water Edison (Another horse who should enjoy the 7 furlongs and lost his last to one of the better 2yos around). GL

Comments

• InTheFogInTheFog Senior Member
    edited September 2008
    I kinda like Vineyard Haven good speed at calder steadied in last and widest of all it looked like he's still learning, seemed awkward in last race now he has Alan Garcia who rode the number one horse Break Water Edison which also looks good.Don't know why the switch but who knows.
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited September 2008
    Great call InTheFog. Also note Garcia took off of his mount in the Penn derby last minute to ride this horse and to also win the Saratoga racing title. Interesting finish with Cribnote bolting out on the far turn and still finishing 2nd.
  • InTheFogInTheFog Senior Member
    edited September 2008
    Yes Cribnote was coming on if not for bolting he more than likely would have won but that's horse racing..
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited September 2008
    Nice call with Vineyard Haven!
  • hotbustophotbustop Member
    edited September 2008
    Keep an eye out for cribnote. He was much the best in that race. it was a bizarre race. Munnings started poorly
    Desert Key and Breakwater Edison had bumps and pinch backs
    The race broke perfectly for Vineyard Haven.
    I really think Cribnote may be super horse, he was going to gobble up that field. It was an amazing feat he came back got up for second easily despite the blown turn.