This is how to treat customers

fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
edited September 2008 in Horse Racing Forum
Below is a email back and forth from myself and Joe Takach. I purchased a video from Mr. Takach that was recommended by several horsemen to myself. You can read below to see what I'm getting at. Start from the bottom and read up.

fb

Nope!

Your problems are not mine.

Joe
Original message from fbwinners@aol.com:

I have beat the beam on VHS and when I got it in from you, my wife informed me our vhs went out and I have never opened it up, can I send it back and get the DVD?

Regards, Ken Schmitt

Original Message
To: Joe Takach <joetakach@worldnet.att.net>
Sent: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 6:14 pm
Subject: Beat The Beam now on DVD

Good Morning
The best selling handicapping video of all time is now available on DVD.

BEAT THE BEAM on DVD is ready for an immediate delivery.

You can order at: Orders for Takach Products .

Have a good one,

Joe

Comments

• turfmanturfman Senior Member
    edited September 2008
    wow....i hate b/s.....thank's for the insight.....won't ever buy a single product from that ass-hole!!!!
    and you are a very good capper in your own rights.....may his horse bolt on the turn while leading by 6.
  • laker5laker5 Member
    edited September 2008
    amazing way of doing "business"

I guess he was counting on any positive word of mouth, the schmuck.
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited September 2008
    Here is the contiuned email, again read from the bottom up. This guy never cease to amaze me.

FB

I'm not going to get into a pissing contest with you, you should of stated in your first response that you no longer carry VHS. Instead of that cordial response NOPE, YOUR PROBLEM!!!!!!!! I will keep the VHS and I wish you continued success in the industry.

Ken

Original Message
    To: fbwinners@aol.com
    Sent: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 4:45 am
    Subject: Re: Beat The Beam now on DVD

Thanks for calling me a joke---I guess that's your form of cordiality.

You are only looking at this situation from your side of the equation.

I no longer have any VHS videos nor will I have any more made and have changed my website to reflect that situation.

What am I supposed to do with the video?

Am I to pay my webmaster another 100 bucks to again change my website to say that I have both versions and when I sell the one you send back, pay him another 100 bucks to change the website yet again?

Of course, you never thought of that---did you?

Why didn't you contact me when you knew you had the problem and I was still stocking VHS?

No matter what I do now, you'll never order again from me anyway, as in your mind you have me painted as some money grubbing ghoul.

Send the VHS back to me along with $5 for Priority Mail and I'll send you a DVD.

I'll "eat" the VHS just to keep you "happy"---I wouldn't want you to be inconvenienced for your mistake.

Joe

Original message from fbwinners@aol.com:

Thanks for the cordial response, what type of business man are you? I guess a JOKE!!!!!! I really cannot believe that is your response back to a paying customer.

Regards, Ken
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited September 2008
    turfman wrote: »
    wow....i hate b/s.....thank's for the insight.....won't ever buy a single product from that ass-hole!!!!
    and you are a very good capper in your own rights.....may his horse bolt on the turn while leading by 6.

Thanks for the comment and we all are good cappers in our own right and all I try to do is better myself with different advantages and take other cappers insight to make me a better overeall capper. Like I stated this video came recommended from quality horseman so I purchased it, no big deal my wife said our VHS went out so I just stored it away. I didn't even try and send it back just ate it. Now he is offering a DVD and I just told him my situation and here we are go figure.

FB