Free selection from DiscreetPicks.com

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited October 2008 in Horse Racing Forum
Belmont - Race 8

#3 Elusive Bluff (10/1 ml)

Tall, leggy colt debuted at a mile and was in tight quarters for most of the way but never intimidated, clearly full of run and then moving to the lead when asked after finally getting an opening. Drew off to a stylish win thereafter despite changing back to his wrong lead, so I'm guessing he can be even more effective in start #2 with the race under his belt. What really catches my eye however is that this horse was purchased privately after the race by a Southern California outfit, and note that jockey Michael Baze has flown all the way to New York for the ride. Pretty good indication this horse is well-regarded today. Also note that Baze has produced a huge flat-bet profit for this trainer (from 89 mounts) while winning at a good-but-not-great 19%. That means they've been popping with some longshots. I think this one is live at a price.

HRT record:

48 for 156 (31%)

$413.40 mutuels ($8.61 avg)

Comments

• dodgers45dodgers45 Senior Member
    edited October 2008
    Good Call !! The 3 looked awesome down the stretch !! The odds probably would have been higher if there were no scratches but 3-1 was decent for a 6 horse race ! Thanks
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited October 2008
    Nice capping D.C., keep up the good work as always.

FB
  • HORSEMAN123HORSEMAN123 Junior Member
    edited October 2008
    Nice job.