A few ways I cap Breeders Cup races

MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
edited October 2008 in Horse Racing Forum
Ive have done decent the last 10 years when picking breeders cup races. Was 4-6 in the pick 6 back in 04. I had a $2 pick 6 ticket and hit 4 of 6 the only 2 losers were ouija board in the filly turf and Speightstown in the sprint. I believe they were both favorite. Go figure. Also had the biggest bet of my life on Volponi the year before. I dont really study the form that much when it comes to these races. I just think there are so many horses from different tracks and from different countries. I usually go on what Ive watched in the previous races. That being said a few angles I use:

- I hit with a horse named Awesome Again many years back and Ive played every horse in the Breeders Cup that is bred by him since then. I think the biggest winner was Wilko. But there have been several others Round Pond, Ginger Punch, Awesome Gem and Ghostzapper. This year there are a few Awesome Gem 20-1 (Turf Mile) who was also 3rd in last years classic and Ginger Punch 9/2 (Ladies Classic)

-I always Play trainer G Motion on the turf. Again hit a few years back with Better Talk Now and Film Maker. The guy always has his horses ready to run in big races. I think he has one entered in a dirt race. He has my respect and I will still probably play his horse on the dirt. I will be playing Better Talk Now in the Turf race.

-The longest shot of the day for me will be in the classic. Smooth Air 50-1. The horse reminds me alot of Volponi the way he runs. He might not have the big flashy speed figures but he's a hard knocking horse who is always there. Except for the derby he has run well in every race. Again also love the way the horse trains 1 Mile, 6 furlongs, 7 furlongs. This hores will be ready for the race of his life come Saturday at 50-1

-GOOD LUCK -

Comments