Churchill maps out new bet

TrotmanTrotman Senior Member
edited October 2008 in Horse Racing Forum
Churchill maps out new bet
By Marty McGee
Churchill Downs Inc. will begin offering a multi-track Super High Five wager between two of its tracks when the company’s flagship track opens its 26-day fall meet Sunday in Louisville, Ky.

Called the Z-5, the wager will alternate between Churchill and Calder every day, beginning with the third race at Churchill, moving to the sixth race at Calder, and finishing with the last race at Churchill. Any Super High Five carryover applies to the next race, or the next day, whenever no tickets are sold using the correct combination of the first five finishers.

The Z-5, so named for its zigzag nature, is a $1-minimum wager with a 19-percent takeout at both tracks. Tom Aronson, a vice president of Churchill Downs inc., said races from another Churchill track, the Fair Grounds, “possibly” could be added into the Z-5 rotation after the New Orleans track starts a 4 1/2-month meet next month.

“We’ll test the concept with Churchill and Calder over the next month and work from there,” said Aronson.

Comments

• rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited October 2008
    It would not be one of my wagers. I try to stick and focus on one track at a time and i really dont have no luck with none of them tracks but churchill....Will you take avantage of this wager?
  • TrotmanTrotman Senior Member
    edited October 2008
    Rayphil,

Probably not....I concentrate on NYRA and Woobine, along with Gulfstream and Tampa Bay during the winter months...
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited October 2008
    yes, I do agree I normally stick with cali tracks and new york tracks...