Saturday, Hollywood 9

TrotmanTrotman Senior Member
edited November 2008 in Horse Racing Forum
I usually don't post any horses as i don't want folks possibly losing money on my picks, however I have a good feeling on this one, although I play the Cal circuit very infrequently

Delta Storm, should get the lead very easily and has some strong numbers

Comments

• DUNCODUNCO Banned
    edited November 2008
    good bet i used gryder in the first knowing he only needed 18k to hit the 4mill mark he got it in your race just miss second / he a hard jock to hit
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited November 2008
    I gave out Majestic Diamond (12/1 ml) on my site, but he ended up being a late scratch. Probably a good thing, as California Flag ran a blinder today.

Speaking of which, i'm curious as to why you thought Delta Storm would get an easy lead here. He does have a ton of speed, but California Flag is the quickest turf sprinter on the circuit. He just set the pace in the Breeders Cup Turf Sprint, and he's been on the lead (or within a half-length of it) at the half-mile mark in each of his last 9 races. The only thing i can see there is that Delta Storm had the rail while California Flag was drawn on the extreme outside, but in any case, it seemed clear that there would be no easy lead (perhaps no lead at all) for Delta Storm.

Myself, i thought that Delta Storm would duel with California Flag, potentially setting it up for an off-the-pace winner. I was just as wrong about that, so please know that i'm not attempting to denigrate your handicapping in any way. Just wondering how you came to that conclusion.
  • TrotmanTrotman Senior Member
    edited November 2008
    DC,

You are right about Calif Flag, he was just awesome....through my own handicapping I thought both would be near the front and I figured the inside post was the advantage , thus thinking CF would not clear and 7 of his last 8 looked to be rail trips...but as you could see DS didn't break on top....also I use the sheets to assist my thinking....never fear to ask...I enjoy the horses much more than sports....