Delta Downs 6th for Friday the 5th

fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
edited December 2008 in Horse Racing Forum
Enjoy the show as this one is Jones second best in the stable behind Old Fashioned, the Karma will be on his side this year. OF is one serious racehorse just wait and see. My speed guru friend told me earlier in the week that Commentator ran a1:50 2/5 in last years Whitney and earned a 120 beyer and Old Fasioned rand 1:50 1/5 on a slower track and earned a 100 beyer, these are things that make you go HMMMMMM.

FB

Delta Downs

6th Race

Just Jenda - Stand at the window and be the first one to collect after she crosses the wire by daylight.

gl, fb

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited December 2008
    Thanks for the info, FB.

Interesting point with the Beyers, btw. I see that stuff from time to time, and i just shake my head. I think Commentator got the big Beyer because he's Commentator, and Old Fashioned got one 20 points lower because he's a 2yo and they can't (or won't) givea 2yo a 120, or even a 110. Just goes to show how subjective Beyers are, which is fine except they're purported to be scientific.
  • peacerulespeacerules Senior Member
    edited December 2008
    Could It Be That There At A Different Track Or That The Pace Is Different I Dont Think Commentator Went 49 And 114 For 3/4 Of A Mile.
  • DUNCODUNCO Banned
    edited December 2008
    I always wonder why most of the horses at Turf Pair-of -dice go 1:08 and are 5-10K clamers. why not claim one bring him to NY that time would easly win races BUT only to find out that their starting gate is set back 50+-yards and timer does not start until they pass electric eye . So I base very little on time. i think all tracks have a large area to place the gate so they dont look like batters boxes expecially on the turf.
  • peacerulespeacerules Senior Member
    edited December 2008
    I See They Scratched The Horse From Aqueduct That I Liked Livin Lovin Thanks For The Plat Fb