Free selection from DiscreetPicks.com

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited December 2008 in Horse Racing Forum
Hollywood - Race 3

#3 Burna Dette (2/1 ml)

Upwardly-mobile filly coming off a late-running win over the sharp return winner Unworldly Heat was tucked in nicely behind the speed while along the rail in this 6-furlong turf affair, moving well and ready to pounce into the lane but found herself trapped behind horses as the hole never opened for her. In fact, she tried to force her way out around midstretch, bumping hard with another horse and losing all of her own momentum in the process (she was subsequently DQ'd into last, i believe). Looked to handle the turf quite well, and can clearly handle the same type of company with a clean trip. Note the switch to Bejarano here, as i'm guessing Eurton was none too pleased with what happened last time. Short morning line here, but Onebadkitty (who beat Burna Dette last time) looks certain to go favored. Should be some value on Burna Dette.

HRT record:

50 for 164 (30%)

$428.90 mutuels ($8.58 avg)

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited December 2008
    I felt like i was watching a replay of Burna Dette's last race. Unbelieveable.
  • TrotmanTrotman Senior Member
    edited December 2008
    DC

Your point...bumping hard with another horse, from what i have observed over the years is that horses who are in a bumping situation don't run well the next time out...your use of the adjective "hard" bother me to much to play...I agree he appeared to be "boxed in" with no where to go....maybe next time out
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited December 2008
    Interesting point. I do know of a filly (whose name escapes me right now) that was ten miles the best in an allowance route, but ran third after getting forced into the rail and almost going down in early stretch. I bet her back in her next race, which came in large field, and she looked intimidated while racing among horses and never ran a step.

On the other hand, take a look at what Cribnote did in his second start. Every horse is different, but you do make a good point.