Free Selection from DiscreetPicks.com

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited December 2008 in Horse Racing Forum
There's been a good deal of discussion about this horse (and this race) on the board, so...

Fair Grounds - Race 6

#8 Indygo Mountain (5/2 ml)

Calhoun trainee ran a good race for second in his Keeneland debut behind next-out winner Kopitar, but really stepped it up in start #2 when switched to the dirt and stretched out to a mile @ Churchill Downs, moving powerfully late to run away from a good field that included Flying Warrior, a talented Mott runner that i gave out here. Looks set for another good stalking trip, and figures to improve even further on the stretchout to two turns. Calhoun has excelled at the Fair Grounds meet, is very strong in routes (and with young horses), and hits at @ 29% with rider Theriot. No reason not to expect another big effort here.

HRT record:

50 for 165 (30%)

$428.90 mutuels ($8.58 avg)

Comments

• peacerulespeacerules Senior Member
    edited December 2008
    Hope U R Right Cat Im Not Sure They Are Gonna Try To Win By What Calhoun Said.i Hope He Knows What To Do With A Good Horse On The Derby Trail.this Is A Nice Colt Hope He Can Prove It.gl Fb Winners
  • JermanJerman Senior Member
    edited December 2008
    No racing at Fair Grounds today
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited December 2008
    We have to wait till the 18th, see you all in the winners circle.

FB
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited December 2008
    I sat the comment you're referring to. It doesn't mean he's not trying to win, he's simply pointing out that an entry-level allowance in December isn't life-and-death as far as the Derby (and/or the horse's continued progress) are concerned. Larry Jones could've made the same comment and there wouldn't be any difference.

Too bad the race was cancelled, i was definitely looking forward to it. FB, let us know what the track is looking like for tomorrow!