Announcement (and a free pick) from DiscreetPicks.com

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited December 2008 in Horse Racing Forum
As many of you know, i doubled my prices prior to the beginning of the Oak Tree meet. I felt that i was giving away my service too cheaply, and at that point i had been in business for almost a year, producing a nice flat-bet profit for my subscribers. And with the Breeders Cup coming up (which of course is one of the busiest times for me), i felt the timing was right for an increase.

Unfortunately, the fact that doubled my prices turned a lot of people off. I was expecting that to a certain extent, but it really seemed to chase people away. That wasn't my intent, obviously. It also hasn't helped that i went ice-cold after ther increase (with the notable exception of Breeders Cup weekend), and have remained cold for quite a while. That, coupled with the price increase, coupled with the economy (i guess) has really had an adverse effect on my site.

So, with that being said, i've decided to restore our price structure to the original level beginning with the Santa Anita winter meet, which begins Dec 26. As a good-faith gesture, i've also decided to make the change retroactive, meaning that everyone who subscribed at the doubled prices will now receive double the subscription time (as if they had subscribed at the old level).

Btw, here's the record on my site, as of this morning:

203 for 784 (26%)

$1615.50 mutuels ($7.96 avg)

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited December 2008
    Here's the free pick:

Aqueduct - Race 7

#7 Access Fee (3/1 ml)

Just happened to catch the filly's Laurel debut by accident way back in February, and was EXTREMELY impressed with her. I began following her after that, with the hope that she would ship to New York for a stakes, and we could get a price on her. Unfortunately that didn't happen, as she resurfaced in an allowance @ Laurel where she scored another impressive win at miserly odds. Disappeared for a bit after that before turning up in a turf sprint @ Philly where she lost @ 4/5, then disappeared again, presumably injured. By the time she returned @ Laurel last month, i had put her on the back burner because i thought perhaps she was damaged goods, and i assumed (quite wrongly) that she would be odds-on again. To my dismay, she went off @ 3/1 and blitzed the field, looking very much like her former self. This filly is just a bundle of talent when right, and seeing that they've NOW chosen to send her to New York for a stakes, it's safe to assume she's in fine fettle. Also note that Ramon Dominguez (who has some ties to Laurel) is climbing aboard, and he's previously ridden a winner for this trainer. Like this one a lot.

HRT record:

50 for 166 (30%)

$428.90 mutuels ($8.58 avg)
  • InTheFogInTheFog Senior Member
    edited December 2008
    If not for lousy start would have won easy, good pick DC.
  • peacerulespeacerules Senior Member
    edited December 2008
    Hey Dc She Had 2 Alm Pads On Feet Trouble Just Thought U Would Like To Know That.good Luck
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited December 2008
    I know she wore a bar shoe in that last Laurel start, but whatever problems she has, I didn't think they would ship her if she wasn't good to go. Goodness knows she ran well. Thanks for the heads-up though.