Midshipman

abe1947abe1947 Junior Member
edited December 2008 in Horse Racing Forum
I've read of his sale and being moved to Dubia. I have him on my watch list and show a work at KEE on 12/13. Has he moved yet or has there been a change of plans?:x-rolleyes:

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited December 2008
    I thought that he and Vineyard Haven had already left for Dubai, but i read recently that they were just now in the process leaving. Lemme see if i can dig up the article...
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited December 2008
    from Bloodhorse:

Following their final breeze at Keeneland on Saturday, Godolphin’s precious cargo of 2-year-olds will depart for Dubai on Monday, Dec. 15, assistant trainer Rick Mettee said.

The contingent will be headed by Bessemer Trust Breeders’ Cup Juvenile (gr. I) and Del Mar Futurity (gr. I) winner Midshipman and Champagne and Hopeful (both gr. I) winner Vineyard Haven. Godolphin purchased the latter from majority owner Bobby Frankel in November. Midshipman came along with Godolphin’s purchase of all of the Stonerside Farm horses.

Also on the passenger list are Sanford Stakes (gr. II) winner Desert Party, who had raced in Darley’s colors; Jose Adan, who was purchased after being disqualified from first in the Arlington-Washington Futurity (gr. III), and the graded stakes-winning 3-year-old Two Step Salsa.

The question now is, how does Godolphin separate their 2009 3-year-olds, whose ultimate objective in Dubai will be the grade II United Arab Emirates (UAE) Derby, which Mettee acknowledged is always a tough spot because of the inclusion of Southern Hemisphere horses, who actually are considered 4-year-olds by North American standards.

Midshipman and Vineyard Haven have already had two breezes at Keeneland, with both colts going three-eighths in :36 on Nov. 29 and then breezing a half :49 and :50 2/5, respectively, on Dec. 6.