Horse-to-watch Royal Taat entered today

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited January 2009 in Horse Racing Forum
We've had some good luck with this filly, as she's gone 2-for-2 since appearing on my Horses to Watch list.

She's listed @ 8/1 today, with Bejarano seemingly getting off the morning-line favorite Lethal Heat in order to ride, so i wanted to give you guys a heads-up.

Comments

• joejoejoejoe Junior Member
    edited January 2009
    is this a play?
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited January 2009
    Yes, I gave her out on my site:

Santa Anita - Race 8

#5 Royal Taat (8/1 ml)

Up-and-comer from the Doubledown Stables outfit needs no further introduction on this site, as we've been on her in all three American starts. Makes the big jump to graded stakes company here, but she certainly doesn't lack for talent, and she's already proven that she likes the hill. In fact, note that Bejarano (who was aboard Royal Taat for that downhill win) has seemingly abandoned the 7/2 ml favorite Lethal Heat in order to ride Royal Taat. Can't pass up this kind of price on such a strong filly, particularly considering Doubledown's record of stakes success with these New Zealand imports.

HRT record:

50 for 170 (29%)

$428.90 mutuels ($8.58 avg)
  • foz1210foz1210 Junior Member
    edited January 2009
    I would play her with #7 Society Hostess also. Foz Fozpicks
  • joejoejoejoe Junior Member
    edited January 2009
    thank you for your help
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited January 2009
    Royal Taat ran into trouble in the Monrovia Handicap, but returned yesterday on short rest to score another impressive win down the hill ($5.20), making her 2-for-3 over the course.
  • peacerulespeacerules Senior Member
    edited January 2009
    Hey Cat She Ran Yesterday Win Easy 8/5 For Sadler