Gulfstream 1/4/09

justin13892002justin13892002 Senior Member
edited January 2009 in Horse Racing Forum
Race 1

3 Master Tassel

Velasquez is riding. Pace makes the race, horse should lead early, if there is no pressure, could go wire to wire. 2 decent performances back to back. 4-1 M/L is about where it should be. Hoping for a breakaway upfront.

Race 2

1 Tomfoolery

Another pace style here in a late pace field setting. The reason for the extra look here is 6-1 M/L. Should be 3-1 at the most, has good class, and the good performance last race helps. Last 2 races were good. The only problem is coming off long layoff is tough, 175 days off, with a trainer who does not do well 1st off layoff. But the horse has always been there at the wire, cant wait to see how this race plays out.

Race 3

8 Give No Ground

Garcia ran well yesterday, comes back on a good horse here. 6-1 M/L on her, should be 4-1 Max, great closer, and there is a on of pace in here. Hoping for the big surge late. 53 days since last race, but with the right trip by Garcia, horse will def. be in the winners circle.

Race 4

1 Lawless Falls

Leparoux riding here. Good horse, ran well last out. Hoping she don't get caught up in the speed duel early. If Leparoux sees the speed and hangs back a tad, this beautiful filly could win b 2 or more lengths. No big closer threats here, and no big pace threats here, hopefully he goes to a stalking style.

Race 5

13 Queens Full

May be scratched here, if not, horse should win. 6-1 M/L is value here, 13 is not a great place to start, but has the close to fly past them all. Looks like there will be a duel upfront early, if so, no problem winning here. Bridgmohan riding Clements horse. Great combo. Distance fits well. Everything looks good here.....

Race 6

3 Our Dahlia

Open race, 4 horses have a shot of winning. Our Dahlia has had 2 good races in a row, distance fits well, and has some class on the field. Appealing bet here, hopefully race goes as I plan.

Race 7

12 Yippety Yip**** Upset Special

WOW, thats all I can say here. Horse outclasses field, and distance helps some. Has a good race 2 back, although last one was not great, horse could show improvement coming back today. Turf helps here. 15-1 M/L, and has a legitimate shot here.

Race 8

5 Elusive Heat

Grade 3 stakes here, Elusive heat has class on field, pace and great late speed. Distance could hurt, but last race was great. Should win with a good race. Mclaughlin has this horse ready!!!!!

Race 9

4 Nickel Pickle

Early pace here, hoping to get a little of a breakaway. Decent at this distance, OPEN race, Turf helps the case. It will all depend on whether or not the breakway happens. If pressed, will fall late.

Good Luck

Comments

• justin13892002justin13892002 Senior Member
    edited January 2009
    Race 1- OUT

Race 2- 2nd, Paid $6.90 to place
    edited January 2009
    Race 3

Give No Ground won paid $18.60 out front
    edited January 2009
    So Far

Race 1- OUT
    Race 2- Place
    Race 3- Win $18.30 Out Front
    Race 4- Place
    Race 5- Scratch
    Race 6- Win $6.60 Out front
  • DUNCODUNCO Banned
    edited January 2009
    Good Post Your Picks Were Close To Mine, I Didn't Like The Card 6 Out Of 9 Fillies
    I Do See Two Fresh And Rested Jocks Leparoux And Garcia And They Show It Giving A Good Ride Every Time I Fip Flop Between Garcia And Laparoux In Third But Ended With Makers And Laprox. (maker Trained Our Horses ) There Horse Broke Down. Thought I Was Going To Get It Back In Last Race When Garcia Took Lead Down The Lane At 11-1 Only For Prado To Run By I Also Used Nick Pick
    See -u Wed.
    edited January 2009
    Garcia has done good things so far, and Laparoux was a tad too late for nickel pickle, a little sooner and would have been there, just pulled the trigger too late.
  • DUNCODUNCO Banned
    edited January 2009
    Look At All The Numbers You Want .AND END UP WITH YOUR $5 WINNERS you Have To Have A Jock That Wants To Step Up To The Plate And Hit A Home Run. as Posted alan Garcia Again On Wed AHIS SECOND $54 Winner And That Equals Ten $5.40 Winners .and Laparoux Has Been On Top Of His Game Thank You Justin For Seeing The Same Thing