If you could own any yearling, who would be the sire?

RightAngleRightAngle Administrator
edited August 2007 in Horse Racing Forum
If you could have your pick at any yearling to own, who would be your ideal sire?

Comments

• TurfCapperTurfCapper Member
    edited August 2007
    They'll run all day . . .
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited August 2007
    It would have to be Awesome Again. He has thrown a few good ones out there!
  • choons81choons81 Senior Member
    edited August 2007
    Danzig
  • DuckgawdDuckgawd Senior Member
    edited August 2007
    That is a good question, and im sure it depends on what kind of horse you are looking for, If I were to buy one, and had endless amounts of money, I would look to buy an A.P. Indy horse, for their distances ability for the great Triple Crown!
  • PacManPacMan Member
    edited August 2007
    Something else to consider is, where is the horse going race (which circuit)? In agreement with the poster who mentioned distance and along the same lines, turf or dirt breeding? Many things to consider.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited August 2007
    American racing i would say Storm Cat. European racing i would say either Danehill or Montjeu.
  • KGreenKGreen Member
    edited August 2007
    Didn't have to think about that question. Have you checked out his 2YO's this year. Stud fee 100G's. Get a black letter mare,have a baby and make money at the sales or race it if your brave enough. Friend told me if you don't like someone give them a racehorse and if you really don't like em give them a race mare!!

K Green
  • 2W2P2S2W2P2S Senior Member
    edited August 2007
    Sunday Silence
  • cluelessclueless Junior Member
    edited August 2007
    Wire2Wire.:surprised:
  • RightAngleRightAngle Administrator
    edited August 2007
    I started this thread, but never answered the question.

For me it would definitely be A.P. Indy.

Even before Bernardini & Rags to Riches, he was the best stud of his time. His offspring ellude class and stamina, and he is a proven sire of sires.

Edward