Gulfstream Full Card 1/14/09

justin13892002justin13892002 Senior Member
edited January 2009 in Horse Racing Forum
Here ya are....

Race 1- 9 R Little Nugget

Nice Jockey-Trainer combo here, horse should take the pace, had a very nice race last out, I like the look of the spot!

Race 2- 7 Ruby's Red Socks

Again another good Jockey-Trainer combo, Lezcano is very hot right now. Last workout was really good at 4F at Calder. A definite sprinter, who has really fast pace out of the gate, and enough stamina to hold off this field.

Race 3- 5 Hit A Homer

Good Jockey in Leparoux, got the trainer also. All around, horse looks fit for this distance. Coming in off a good workout on the 6th of 4F in 0:49. Fastest yet for this horse, which shows impovement and fit. Leparoux can bring this horse home as long as horse encounters no issues.

Race 4- 5 Nola Star

Desormeaux and McPeek team up here. That combo is very solid. Horse has gotten repeatedly slower in workouts, but yet races have been pretty good. So will have to give the nod here. Very unappealing race.

Race 5- 6 One Eyed Joker

Going with Leparoux in back to back races here. Large field, so anything can happen. Coming in off a workout on the 7th, 4F in 48.2 at Gulfstream. One of the fastest workouts in the field. Many look appealing here, but I cant get over that fast workout, and the improvements this horse has made. J-T combo. Its all there.

Race 6- 10 Stomp

Horse has everything on the field. Good J-t Combo, I know its a tough post, but I LOVE Post Position 10. This 6 1/2 F Md Sp Wt is a good fit. Workouts look improving. I say winner circle!

Race 7- 14 Battle Plan

Pletcher entry, Pletcher has been hot lately. Saddles up Velazquez here, whom is very hot lately. Horse doesnt blow the field away, but in a toss up field, I have to go with the better trainer, who is def. Pletcher. Especially putting a good backing in the irons.

Race 8- 1 Z Humor/ 1A Alaaso

Both Pletcher trainer, whatever one gets the nod will be there. Hot jockey Coa up for the mount. Again, like last race, open race, horse has many likeable features that make the horse fit to the race. Then the hot J-T Combo.

Race 9- 3 Proven Right

Love everything here, especially the 6-1 M/L. Coming in off a LONG layoff, but its not like the horse hasnt had its workouts. Last workout was a good 5F in 1:00.4. Like the choice of mount with Velazquez. Horse can be there, and with these odds, its def. a shot. Has alot to prove, but from the PP's and fractions I see. Horse won't have a problem fitting in.

08-09 Handicapping Stats
126 Selections
42 Wins
24 Places
16 Show
Win %= 33%
ITM %= 65%

Comments

• DUNCODUNCO Banned
    edited January 2009
    good post but what a tuff card
    way i see it
    race 3 with you but worry about lazcano #12 first time juice
    race 4 jonny rides for mike maker ex :x-huh: #8
    race 5 tuff like your pick using with garcia #7 / jonny #12 / jj #3 and lezcano # 11
    race 6 that extra 1/2 furlong scares me
    race 8 i don't like coa on pletcher horses MY BIG BET LOVE J.J ON #3 FOR B. LYNCH
    WIN ,PLACE SHOW AND EX BOX WITH #8 GARCIA #10 //UNDER THE RADAR PRADO #10 AND JONNY ON #4 HE'S RIDING FOR EVERYBODY ANGEL A GREAT AGENT
    I DON'T THINK HIM AND PLETCHER SEE EYE TO EYE
    SADDLE UP !!!!! LETS GET UMMMMMMMM
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited January 2009
    I hope you win every race but the 6th, LOL.
  • justin13892002justin13892002 Senior Member
    edited January 2009
    Thanks lol, but may I ask DC, what you got in the 6th?
    edited January 2009
    Can't say, as i gave him out on my site. Suffice to say he's a first-time starter, and he's double digits on the morning line.
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited January 2009
    Satorius is scratched for tomorrow and is live I've been told, Cat I think you are leading towards Primary Witness. I'm playing Strategic Decision, think he will love the real dirt.

FB
    edited January 2009
    Umm, no. Apparently i've been scratched. Hadn't seen that FB, thanks.

PS - Any insight as to why Satorius was entered going long last week? He was on the AE but didn't draw in.
    edited January 2009
    I knew you were scratched, your hint double digit odds. He was the only one with dd odds you cold play especially out working Court Vision last out and he will be no longer than 4-1 tomorrow. I will try and find out the reason for the route AE.

FB
    edited January 2009
    I wasn't aware he had outworked Court Vision. I have him working with the older stakes winner Fierce Wind, who took the Sam Davis @ Tampa Bay Downs last year.
    edited January 2009
    Looks like they scratched out today so that they could run him a mile tomorrow. They must really think he wants some distance. I'm not thrilled about it myself, but at least it's one turn on the main track.
    edited January 2009
    Looks like they scratched out today so that they could run him a mile tomorrow. They must really think he wants some distance. I'm not thrilled about it myself, but at least it's one turn on the main track.

agree
  • justin13892002justin13892002 Senior Member
    edited January 2009
    So far

Race 1- SCRATCH
    Race 2- Another Scratch Damn
    Race 3- OUT
    Race 4- OUT
  • DUNCODUNCO Banned
    edited January 2009
    Race 3 That Would Be The Horse I Liked Caught It With Jonny Riding For Brownlee??? Like I Said Angel Knows Both Sides Of The Fence Great Agent!!
  • peacerulespeacerules Senior Member
    edited January 2009
    6th At Gulfstream The 9 Horse Love The Work Pattern On This Colt Love The Work Pattern On The Horse U Like Tomm To Cat Notice Kent D On Tomm .also Like The 6 Horse In The Last At Gulfstream Worth A Shot .
    edited January 2009
    Good Work Pattern On The 13 Horse To For Chad Brown Watchout
    edited January 2009
    Another Note On The 6th At Gulfstream The 8 Horse Would Have Won The Race Kent Did Some Riding Not To Let Himm Out Play The Next Time Unforgivingmonarrch
    edited January 2009
    8th Race At Gulfstrem Really Like A Horse Called Kopitar He Beat Indygo Mt In His Debut And Came Right Back To Win On The Grass At Cds This Colt Can Run Worth A Look In The Stake Sat.
    edited January 2009
    9th At Gulstream Great Trip Missed The Break Checked All The Way Around The First Turn And On The Backside A Definite Playback If She Can Get Out Of The Gt Might Need To Take The Blinkers Off Dont Know She Can Run Though I Do Know That .