Gulfstream Friday 1/16/09 Full Card with Analysis

justin13892002justin13892002 Senior Member
edited January 2009 in Horse Racing Forum
Race 1- 3 Her Greatness

Posted as a watch horse. Connections know something here. Estevez usually puts Alvarado in the irons, but John Velazquez wants up. Is the son of Greatness and Sass Away, whom both fit this distance. Horse went for 27,000 in the sale in 2007. Just breezed 5F in 1:03.4 at Calder on the 4th. Placed 2nd at Calder on December 5th, with Ortiz in the irons, at this distance, but now moves up in class a little. Ran 1:07.4. Can compete.

Race 2- 2 I'm It Wayne

Recently breezed 4F at Gulfstream on January 12th in 48.8 seconds. A very good workout, for a good barn, not to mention Lezcano jumps on, which is a big plus in this situation. I like most of Calabrese's horses, and this case, I feel as though Catalano found a good spot for the horse. 1 Sayers and 5 Clash of Arms could be tough, but feel as though the race will play out in I'm It Wayne's favor.

Race 3- 6 All Bets Down

The Michael Maker barn is very hot right now, Leparoux is up for the ride. Horse is fast, worked December 31st, Breezed 5F in 1:01.6, worked with and was faster than Gypsy Lov who is also in this race. 10/1 M/L is an offering here. Hopefully odds stay up there, good horse for this kinda price.

Race 4- 1 Marl

Have a great J-T combo with Prado and Frankel. Frankel owns this horse also. Takes good care of him. Marl recently worked 6F in 1:13.2 Handily, was the fastest in the last few days. 5/2 M/L is about right, will probably go off favorite, but lets hope its around 5/2.

Race 5- 4 Black Mink

Going by straight workout here. Black Mink worked on January 10th, Breezed 4F in 48.6. Worked with Roll the Di and Enjoyable, and was faster than both by almost a second. This is important because, Roll the Di and Enjoyable are the 2 favorites in this race. Although I am not a big fan of De Paulo, I like Cornelio Velazquez, especially on Turf.

Race 6- 2 Cherokee Bull

One word describes this horse, "FAST". Horse was foaled January 31st 2006. This is a maiden claiming, and this horse worked January 10th, Breezed 4f in 48.0 flat. Much faster than many high allowance horses. Sire was a Grade 1 Sprint winner, Cherokee Run. Everything is here, horse is crazy fast. Will climb the ranks very quickly.

Race 7- 8 Swinging Bernie

Coa-Pletcher team up here. This horse has the makings of a very good small stakes horse. Back on December 13th, horse worked 5F, breezing in 59.40. That is very fast for this class. Hopefully odds don't fall too much.

Race 8- 4 Fidelio

Horse is GOOD! Worked January 5th, Breezing 6F in 1:15.0, heads up with Izanagi, an AOC 62,600. This is a small Maiden Claiming, think he can take it by alot. 6/5 M/L is thin.

Race 9- 9 D' Wildcard

This Gelding is entered in this 40 Claimer, and is better than this. Again, liking C. Velazquez today. Heard this horse looked really good in his last workout, and looked crazy energetic. Hope it carries over, last time I heard a horse acted like this, Won yesterday. Hope this one comes through too!

08-09 Handicapping Stats
144 Selections
46 Wins
26 Places
18 Show
Win %= 32%
ITM %= 63%

Comments

• peacerulespeacerules Senior Member
    edited January 2009
    See If We Can Do Better Today A Few Plays I See 1st Racethe5 Horse.4th Race The 8 Horse Battle Plan Ran His Race At The Gt Last Time Also Give A Look To The First Timer For Angel Penna War Of Rangers.5th Race I Like The 5 And 12 The 5 The Best.7th Race Like The 7 Horse Horse.good Luck .
    edited January 2009
    Weaver Having A Nice Meet He Has 2 In Here The 1 And The 3 Either Could Get A Pieceof It
  • justin13892002justin13892002 Senior Member
    edited January 2009
    Results

Race 1- OUT
    Race 2- SHOW
    Race 3- OUT
    Race 4- OUT
    Race 5- SHOW
    Race 6- OUT
    Race 7- OUT
    Race 8- PLACE
    Race 9- WIN $11.40 Out Front

After today

08-09 Handicapping Stats
    153 Selections
    47 Wins
    27 Places
    20 Show
    Win %= 31%
    ITM %= 62%
    edited January 2009
    Hey Justin They Scratched Smart Shot The Horse I Liked In The Seventh Race Today He Is In The Stake Sat So He Must Be Doing Good.
    edited January 2009
    Sorry The 8th Race The Stake.
  • justin13892002justin13892002 Senior Member
    edited January 2009
    I will take a look. I will call my buddy down there and see what the horse looks like, will let ya know
  • DUNCODUNCO Banned
    edited January 2009
    hay brother . didn't look today after I blew 48k super ,i like to win i play hard , you got great post ,:thumbup: please keep it going .