Gulfstream Full Card with Analysis 1/21/09

justin13892002justin13892002 Senior Member
edited January 2009 in Horse Racing Forum
Race 1- 7 Pink Stockings

With Fawkes (Trainer of M/L favorite 2 Grandeza) beings cold right now with 0 wins in 10 starts. Pink Stockings is coming in off a nice easy breeze on January 13th, 1 2/5 seconds slower than Capt Candyman Can, a G3 Iroquis Stakes winner. Trujillo is up for the ride. He is a trustworthy jockey. 8-1 M/L, hopefully odds stay put.

Race 2- 6 Chatter Wine

Love any White trained horse. Horse worked Bullet December 24th, faster than Sunshine Millions Classic horse Delightful Kiss. Recently breezed easy as a tune up. Dropping in class.

Race 3- 9 South Fork Lodge

Worked January 5th, 3rd fastest of 31. William Mott trained, hot jockey Desormeaux is riding. That combo is hard to pass up, especially after the good work. M/L favorite is another Fawkes horse. He is cold as cold.

Race 4- 9 Sophisticatedevent

Walder is hot at the moment. 8 Starts 3 Wins 2 Shows. Castellano is up for the ride. Worked back on December 30th, as an easy breeze. This group was full of next out winners. Can't pass on this.

Race 5- 6 Dancin Samba

A 1st and 3rd at this very class his last 2 starts. No recent works, so off action for 3 weeks. Coa is on. Trustworthy jockey, gets the most of his horses. Horse likes this distance, and great at this class. 5-1 for a horse ITM at this class last 2? I will take it.

Race 6- 8 No Speed Limit

Trujillo is riding. Ward is a great trainer. Was scratched back out on January 2nd. No recent works, so has been off a little while, but coming into an open race, offering some value with a good J-T combo. Ready as the rest.

Race 7- 13 Alota Uno

An AE here, hoping for a scratch. Kent D jumps on here, horse is fit, some good works and races. Better than this field all in all. Again, hope to get the draw in here!!!!

Race 8- 7 Cool Coal Man

Kent D again, Zito trained. Horse is GOOD. Tough field here with many good horses, but this is one of my favorite horses I have ever seen run. Besides Zenyatta. Just finished working heads up with Anak Nakal. Horse is READY!

Race 9- 8 Diamond Isle

Had this horse the other day. Horse ran second last in Allowance to M/L favorite Cuba. Good horse with tons of speed. Won the week before a 20 Claimer. Ha swon in OC 75k and 50k this year. Top Beyer being a 103. Was 3rd in G1 Breeders Cup Futurity as a younger horse. Coming back to the horses normal distance. Jockey change here, hopefully it helps.

08-09 Handicapping Stats
197 Selections
58 Wins
36 Places
28 Show
Win %= 29%
ITM %= 62%

Comments

• peacerulespeacerules Senior Member
    edited January 2009
    hey justin in the 4th race just wandering why castellano is on for walder johnny v is always on his live ones be careful there if jv is riding someone else.
    edited January 2009
    Jr On The Other Walder Horse Lets Have A Fun Wager Ill Take The One Jv Is On To Beat The One Casellano Is On.
  • justin13892002justin13892002 Senior Member
    edited January 2009
    You're talking about the 4th race? You like 2 Halcyon?

Decent workout on the 3rd, and decent last race, but look at Castellano's record at 6 1/2 F. Really good. Velazquez is a good jockey, but I will have to disagree here and stick with my selection. Appreciate your opinion and will put on back end of my tri, but cant play over Sophisticatedevent. The group Sophisticatedevent worked with was just too good next time out. Good Luck though!
    edited January 2009
    Walder Puts Johnny V On All The Live Horses He Runs At Gulfstream Has Done It For Yrs Good Luck . We Will C
    edited January 2009
    Race 7- Alota Uno didnt draw in, SCRATCH
    Race 8- Cool Coal Man Scratched

Instead, New selections

Race 7- 8 Lucky Liza
    Race 8- 11 Ruff and Ready
    edited January 2009
    Started 0 for 3, hopefully the horses will get hot soon!

Really like Race 4!!!!
    edited January 2009
    Well I see Race 4- Sophisticatedevent is SCRATCHED
    edited January 2009
    Take The One Iv Is On For Walder He Is On All The Live Ones He Runs
    edited January 2009
    Halcyon won in the 4th, nice call.