Interesting entrant @ Gulfstream on Thursday

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited February 2009 in Horse Racing Forum
There's a first-time starter entered tomorrow named Chapin Beach who worked heads-up three straight times with a recent winner named Primary Witness. Unfortunately, Hennig has chosen to enter him going two turns on grass, and to make matters worse he's also drawn the 12-post in a race that starts right on the turn. Regarding his entry on grass though, he's a full-brother to Sand Springs, who was a multiple stakes winner on grass (including the Grade 1 Diana Handicap). So that probably had a lot to do with the decision. Personally, i'm hoping he'll be scratched to wait for a better spot, but we'll see. Hennig is 0-for-10 with horses debuting at a mile or longer, btw.

Comments

• peacerulespeacerules Senior Member
    edited January 2009
    I Really Liked Primary Witness The Other Day Had A Great Work Pattern At Payson.i Wrote About It Before The Race In A Thread Looks Like A Nice 3 Yr Old.i Put A Lot More Stock In A Payson Work Than A Gulfstream Work 48 And Change Like Working 46 At Gulfstream And Of Course How They Do Which I Cant See. Lol Thanks For The Heads Up
  • justin13892002justin13892002 Senior Member
    edited January 2009
    Garcia jumps on too. Horse has very fast works. in 08-09, combo of Hennig/Garcia won 8 of 37. Hennig is also 6 for 39 with first time starters. Great find DC. 6-1 M/L, lets hope for some decent odds.
    edited January 2009
    Hey Dc I Dont Think Garcia Was On Primary Wtness Was He?
  • justin13892002justin13892002 Senior Member
    edited January 2009
    Peacerules, Kent D was on Primary Witness....
    edited January 2009
    Yea Thats Right Is This For The Same Owner Or A Different Owner.
    edited January 2009
    I Just Looked At The Entries I Find It Interesting That Kd Is On A Horse For A No Name Trainer.he Rides For Mott And He Win For Hening Look Out For Kd In This Race May Be Tipping His Hand Here.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited January 2009
    It seems clear that the horse is live, it's just the situational aspect of the race that concerns me.
  • JermanJerman Senior Member
    edited January 2009
    The 12 horse is now 2-1
    edited January 2009
    I thought the price was ridiculous, considering what he had to overcome here. Maybe next time with the race under his belt and a better post-draw.
    edited February 2009
    Chapin Beach is entered back on Saturday.
    edited February 2009
    hey dc didnt chapin beach run on the turf the last race .i can tell u one thing i know for sure is that the baker horse was going to beat the holly bull winner if he dosent get blocked the last time.we will see i like the baker horse today.
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited February 2009
    peacerules wrote: »
    hey dc didnt chapin beach run on the turf the last race .i can tell u one thing i know for sure is that the baker horse was going to beat the holly bull winner if he dosent get blocked the last time.we will see i like the baker horse today.

I had him big PR that day and back on again today a little lighter, what you think of Freisen Fire at this point?

fb
    edited February 2009
    Very poor run by Chapin Beach today. Perhaps he's better off on grass after all.
    edited February 2009
    i like him fb he is a nice colt i want to see him beat giant oak if he gets a better trip i think giant oak is a nice horse