Aqueduct 1/22/09 Full Card with Analysis

justin13892002justin13892002 Senior Member
edited January 2009 in Horse Racing Forum
Will be posting 3 or 4 tracks for tomorrow. Here is Aqueduct.

Race 1- 3 Saturdaynitesandy

Linda rice trained. What caught my eye was the jockey change from Grabowski at FL to Dominguez. The combo of Rice/DOminguez is 17% in 6 starts at Aqueduct and 1 for 9 total in 2008-2009. Horse is 2 for 4 lifetime, only 2 losses were to Stakes company. The wins were by 3 and 3 1/2 lengths. Beyers were fairly slim in two losses, but posted a 60 and 68 in the 2 wins. Tough race, but can compete!

Race 2- 3 Hanna Can Fly

Morales stays on horse, Contessa trained. Rough first start, came back to finish 2nd last out st this class by 5 lengths. Has been off a bit, but has had 4 works since last race. Horse ran this distance last out, posting the fastest time of this field by 3 or 4 seconds. Seems to like the inner dirt, first race (bad race) was on turf, then came back on the inner dirt of Aqueduct and placed 2nd. This is her 2nd career start on Inner Dirt, Contessa/Morales combo is 15 for 108 at Aqueduct in 08-09. My Best Bet of the day.

Race 3- 7 Laredo

Motion is shipping this colt from Philly, and Dominguez jumps on. Horse has not finished worse than 4th in 5 career starts. Finished 2nd in only start at this distance. Fits the conditions well. Horses only win, came at CD on Nov 22nd, also must note the 2 starts on dirt, horse had taken 1 first and 1 second. Combo is 14 for 71 in 08-09. Form shows 3 horses will go to the lead, Laredo is an off the pace/closing type. Comes in off a bullet workout, where he worked heads up with Smart Bid, who just won at Santa Anita on January 19th in an AOC $80,000. Like the choice of the connecions.

Race 4- 1 Shikilu

Going against Street Talk here, and going with Alvarado/Conway. Combo is 6 for 25 at Aqueduct. This is this 5 year old mares 2nd career start, comes in off a 2nd place finish by 1 1/4, comes back at the same class. Comes in off a smooth workout on the 17th. Sire won the G1 Preakness, rail path in sprint races have been favorable recently. Will be there.

Race 5- 2 Go Swiftly

Maragh is on for Iwinski. Maragh rode last 2, placed 2nd and 3rd. Horse seemed to do okay here. Very high beyers last 2 starts. Only problem was they were both on muddy surface, we will see how he likes track tomorrow. Is outclassed by some, but Father Tim, who beat Go Swiftly last out, came back to win next out at a higher class. Like the spot here.

Race 6- 7 Touchof Perfection

Going with Dominguez ONCE AGAIN. This time he is up for Galluscio. Hasnt finished worse than 3rd in 3 career starts, Positive jockey change, good here at Aqueduct, and likes this distance. Race sets up in her favor. Only issue is horse has yet to run on a fast track. That may be the deciding factor.

Race 7- 5 Tiger D.R.

Maragh jumps up for Levine here. Combo is very good winning 23% of their starts together here at Aqueduct. Beyers are very promising. 5 for 18 at this distance. Outclassed by some here, but the numbers dont lie. Horse can compete with this group. Was in top form before this break, Levine has won 39% of his startes off 61-180 days. Breezed an easy 4 on the 13th. Looks okay to me.

Race 8- 3 Cliffy's Future

Levine switches from Maragh to Dominguez. 3rd to Professor Z last out, Land Grant (5 Horse), finished 2nd in that same race. I am choosing this colt over the 5 because prior to that race, Land Grant didnt show anything. Maggi Moss (owner of Cliffy's Future) switched trainers from Pletcher to Levine. Levine has hit 36% winners in their first start with him. This looks very promising. Good call for Maggi Moss!

Race 9- 5 Joaquin Memphis

My favorite Aqueduct horse. 4 for 9 at this track, 3 for 7 at this distance. Dominguez teams up with Bruce Brown here. Combo has came with 17% winners together at Aqueduct. Horse outclasses field. Although hasnt done much since joining the Brown barn, horse is going back to sprints, in which Brown is 22% winners. Love the horse, hoping for a solid race by Dominguez here.

Good Luck

Comments

• justin13892002justin13892002 Senior Member
    edited January 2009
    Results

Race 1- SCRATCH
    Race 2- WIN $4.10 OUT FRONT
    Race 3- OUT
    Race 4- WIN $7.20 OUT FRONT
    Race 5- SHOW
    Race 6- WIN $4.10 OUT FRONT
    Race 7- OUT
    Race 8- PLACE
    Race 9- WIN $13.50 OUT FRONT

Great Day, and nice to see my baby Joaquin Memphis brought it home!!!