McPeek horse @ Gulfstream today

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited January 2009 in Horse Racing Forum
There's a nice colt named More Than Willing entered for McPeek in the last race @ Gulfstream today (Race 10). He's stretching out from 6 furlongs to 1 1/8 miles today, but so was McPeek's impressive winner Free Country a couple of weeks ago. I was doing some research on Free Country the other day, and ran across these quotes from McPeek regarding More Than Willing, which i think you'll find interesting. I didn't give him out today because he's listed at 2/1 ml, and will likely get bet down well below that, but just wanted to give you guys a heads-up in case he's offering any kind of playable price:

from Gulfstream Park notes:

Trainer Ken McPeek shipped into South Florida for the winter season with divisions at Gulfstream Park and Palm Meadows, and high expectations after a good season in 2008. Thanks largely to promising juvenile talent, the Lexington native has gotten the new campaign off to a fast start with eight winners, including impressive allowance victories by a trio of different 3-year-old colts.
Lansdon Robbins III and Sam Delaney’s Danger to Society and Silver Wing Stable’s Free Country each won ‘a other than’ allowance races at 1 1/8 miles on Jan. 8,and Samotowka Stables and partners’ Theregoesjojo won his ‘a other than’ allowance condition going seven furlongs two days later on Jan. 10.

“Naturally, we’d like to keep them apart for now,” said McPeek Jan. 22. “Right now we’re looking to run Danger to Society in the Holy Bull Stakes (gr. III) here (on Jan. 31), Theregoesjojo in the race at Fair Grounds (Risen Star Stakes, gr. III on Feb. 7) and Free Country in the race at Tampa Bay Downs (Sam Davis Stakes, gr. III on Feb. 14).”
In addition to this accomplished trio of potential Kentucky Derby (gr. I) prospects, McPeek also has another highly regarded 3-year-old colt in Marvin Delfiner and partners’ More Than Willing, although the son of More Than Ready is still a maiden after two starts. He finished a closing third in his debut at Churchill Downs on Nov. 8 and second as the favorite in a six-furlong maiden test on Jan. 3 behind highly regarded Checklist.

“He’s entered for a race Sunday,” McPeek said of More Than Willing. “He’s got to get past his maiden, but we certainly think he has the potential to go on to bigger objectives once he gets that done. It’s a nice problem to have (keeping the talented 3-year-olds apart).”

from Daily Racing Form:

McPeek also has a fourth 3-year-old he thinks could have Derby potential, More Than Willing, who will be favored to win Sunday's finale. More Than Willing, a son of More Than Ready, was beaten less than a length following a slow start and wide trip when launching his career last fall at Churchill Downs. He had the misfortune of running into the precocious first-time starter Checklist when second following another awkward start in his 3-year-old bow on opening day.

"I'm very high on him," McPeek said of More Than Willing, who will stretch out to 1 1/8 miles Sunday. "He's a talented horse who still has some things to prove and he'll have to jump through this hoop if he's going to have a chance to join the others on the Derby trail."

Comments

• fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited January 2009
    Will go off odds on or less. Will be watching.

fb
  • DUNCODUNCO Banned
    edited January 2009
    MY VIEW?
    #1---NOT AT 8/5
    2 ---CRUZ DON'T PUSH HE CAN HURT
    3 DISMISS
    4 PRADO ?
    5 BLINKERS??
    6 ISMELL SMOKE
    7 I SMELL SMOKE
    8 THE OLD MAN RESPECT (READ A GREAT BOOK easy read THE BIG HORSE joe mcginniss---about J.G. JOHNSON great read
    9 watch out coa
    10 slick jj

have fun:x-rolleyes:
  • DUNCODUNCO Banned
    edited January 2009
    Somebody Is Crushing The 1-8 /1-11 Doubles
  • DUNCODUNCO Banned
    edited January 2009
    WOOOPS THAT 8 & 1 /// 11 & 1 CRUSHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!:x-rolleyes: