P-Val on Soul Warrior???

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited August 2009 in Horse Racing Forum
Just looked at the Risen Star entries, because Peacerules had mentioned that Bridgmohan was off Soul Warrior. I now see that P-Val has gotten the mount? Wow. Meanwhile, Bridgmohan is on some 20/1 shot for Asmussen, so i have no idea what's going on here.

FB (or anyone), can you tell me what kind of relationship Asmussen has with P-Val? Has he been using the guy with any regularity? My only guess would be that Bridgmohan was aboard Total Gentleman for those recent team-drills with Soul Warrior (considering that he got off Omniscient to ride him today), so obviously another rider would've been on Soul Warrior. Perhaps that rider was P-Val, and perhaps Asmussen liked what he saw. But who the hell knows...

Comments

• rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited February 2009
    took a look at the race and i looked at soul warrior he ran a nice race last out but the field was ok at best..I played another dance who ran second to soul warrior his next 2 times out and he is still a maiden..i wanna see the comeback race that flying pegasus runs
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited February 2009
    Mostly i've been impressed with Soul Warrior because of the sneaky-good time of his Churchill maiden race, and the fact that he was flattered by Free Country in that Gulfstream allowance. He also looked quite good on the stretchout at Fair Grounds, overcoming some traffic issues to win by open lengths. I agree that the field he beat was nothing special, but he does have the connection to Free Country as far as class goes. Not saying i'm in love with him, but he's a nice-looking colt and i think that he's being overlooked here. 15/1 morning line is pretty juicy, particularly with a nice win over the track. Big step up here to stakes company, but he may be able to handle it. We'll see.
    edited February 2009
    Dc. What Do You Think About The Zito Horse. I Think That He May Be That Sneaky Good Horse. Ran With A Couple Good Ones In Ny First Time Blinkers In The Calder Race So I Dont Know...
    edited February 2009
    Looks like he was all-out to hang on @ Calder after being allowed some very easy fractions. At odds of 3/5, no less. Hard to like here.

Speaking of which, how did Nowhere to Hide receive an 83 Beyer after running a mile in 1:41 and change? The track variant was only 15, so could the surface really have been that slow? Seems to me like they're basing it off his previous three Beyers, and didn't want to downgrade his figure in the one race that he finally wins.
    edited February 2009
    That is what i also think because all of his others are the same except for his debut. Another beyer that gets me and maybe you can explain is for IT HAPPENED AGAIN who got a 93 for pretty much going 1:26 at delta with a 11 variant...The variant is something I often look at and it seems the shippers that come in from the deeper tracks(del. haw. any md track.) always get the mid 20's variant and when they go to these faster tracks like out west they run off the track....I hope indygo mountain runs back into form cause i know peace rules is going to have a healthy wgare pending........good luck to all
  • peacerulespeacerules Senior Member
    edited February 2009
    Thanks Phil I Think He Will Good Luck To U.
  • hue21998hue21998 Banned
    edited February 2009
    Was this his 1st start at Calder? Calder seems to be very tough on horses running their 1st race there because i believe of the deepness of the track.
    edited February 2009
    Yes, it was.
    edited August 2009
    Soul Warrior ($48.00) beats Big Drama and Mine That Bird in the West Virgina Derby.

Why couldn't he do that in the Risen Star? Ouch.
  • DanipDanip Member
    edited August 2009
    DC,
    Unfortunately that seems how the game goes. They just miss or run clunckers in the race you support them and run like they have wings in the races you don't bet them, lol.
    edited August 2009
    i completely forgot that he ran that well....we expected this from him early in his career but never factored.....