indygo mt off derby trail

peacerulespeacerules Senior Member
edited November 2009 in Horse Racing Forum
Brett Calhoun Stated This Sunday That He Needed Some Time To Grow Up .and Said They Were Gonna Freshen Him Up Im Glad Something Was Not Right Looked Like To Me Sat His Backend Was Going Everywhere I Hope He Is Alright U Will Here Something From Him Down The Rd .

Comments

• rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited February 2009
    I Hope Everything Is Ok.that Is The Only Thing That Is Bad About The Trail Is That Sometimes Trainers And Owners Rush Young Horses..hopefully He Can Get Him Together...
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited February 2009
    Sorry to hear about it. I was very disappointed by his effort in the Risen Star though. Expected much better.
  • peacerulespeacerules Senior Member
    edited February 2009
    Yea Me To Dc Thats The Way It Goes Later On In The Yr I Guess .
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited February 2009
    hey Peace Rules what do you think about silver city with the same connections of indygo mt. 50-1 future....
  • peacerulespeacerules Senior Member
    edited February 2009
    he is a very nice colt i just thought indygo had a derby pedigree but i cant remember a APIndys winning the derby usually later to develop.i think he will give old fashioned all he wants and more in the southwest .
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited November 2009
    Indygo Mountain returns in a 7-furlong allowance race @ Churchill today. Found the following blurb on the Churchill Downs website:

BARN TALK – Clarence Scharbauer’s Indygo Mountain, who emerged from last fall’s meet as a prime candidate on many Kentucky Derby watch lists, returns to the races Friday for the first time since the Risen Star (GIII) on Feb. 7 at Fair Grounds. Trained by Bret Calhoun, Indygo Mountain came out of the Risen Star with a chipped knee and his return to the races was further delayed by a throat issue according to Calhoun assistant Dennis “Peaches” Geier. Indygo Mountain is entered in Friday’s 10th race, a seven-furlong main track allowance test with regular rider Jamie Theriot named to ride. …