Horse Racing - Monday

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited August 2007 in Horse Racing Forum
Saratoga - Race 4

#5 Stand Pat (7/2 ml)

Violette trainee worked head-up from the gate with Hedgefund Investor on July 26. That one debuted in an 7-furlong MSW on Saturday and ran second, 5 lengths clear of the rest of the field. Same jockey aboard, btw. Going back to July 14, Stand Pat appeared to have worked head-up with the lightning-fast Fed Watcher, although that kinda makes me wonder why he's being entered fora tag here. Still, this horse has been keeping good company and there doesn't seem to be much to beat in here. IT's worth noting the 5/2 ml favorite (#8 Golden Tablet) was purchased fopr $360k at the Fasig-Tipton sale in February, and is now being offered for $50k after a couple of poor efforts. Hard to like that one.

HRT record:

14 for 50 (28%)

$126.40 mutuels ($9.03 avg)

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited August 2007
    Stand Pat wins @ $7.20
  • 2W2P2S2W2P2S Senior Member
    edited August 2007
    Nice job DC! Keep up the great work.
    edited August 2007
    Del Mar - Race 3

#3 Wings of Freedom (6/1 ml)

This horse was claimed by Hollendorfer (for himself) out of the biggest key race in a long time. Wings of Freedom ran 5th, and all four horses who finished in front of him have come back to win. One of those (Owen Roe O'Neill) was also claimed by Hollendorfer out of that race (for himself). Very hard not to like this one.
    edited August 2007
    I never get tired of saying it, Great job DC. $8.20 on the win for Wings of Freedom.
    edited August 2007
    Del Mar - Race 8

#6 Wong Lee (8/1 ml)

Mandella first-timer worked head-up on Aug 7 with Patch of Blue, who emerged from that drill to win super-impressively last Sunday (albeit 1 mile on grass). Wong Lee returned to work very well on Aug 13, and looks live in here.
  • RightAngleRightAngle Administrator
    edited August 2007
    Wong Lee looked live for about 2/3 of the race before faltering.

Needless to say, still an excellent day for you!
    edited August 2007
    Wong Lee went off @ 9/1 and ran out.

Looked to me like something might've happened to him. He blew the turn, then appeared to be pretty much taken up by the jockey (Nakatani). He wasn't asking the horse at all thru the entire stretch run. Not sure what to think, but i'll be very interested in his training between now and his next race (assuming he doesn't hit the shelf).
    edited August 2007
    That looked like it may have been a breathing problem, I'm curious to see also. He was moving very well approaching the turn.