Gulfstream Today

edited February 2009 in Horse Racing Forum
Good Morning Men............................its Amazing How In This Game We Love When Planning Doesent Fall Into Play.................needing A Couple Of Days Rest I Had No Intentions Of Betting Yesterday,and It Ended Up Good......hit Two Pick Four Tickets 1 At Tampa 1 At Fairgrounds...lost Early Pick 4 At Fairgrounds Then Got Greedy And Got Banged Out At Sunland Pk.for A Loss Of $150.00.....they Gotta Eat In New Mexico To,just Trying To Do My Part........todays Gulfstream Card Is Touchy At Best Were Back To The Typical N2l-mdclm Races We Love...however We Must Search For Value..a Buddy Of Mine Questions Me Constantly About Playing String Bets.{pick 3---pick 4 }..i Explained To Him That When Im Done Handicapping A Race And Im Left With 2-3-or 4 Contenders What The Hell Am I Supposed To Do..many Pro-s Will Skip The Race And Thats Ok I Skip Alot Myself..my Point On String Bets Is That If Your Trying To Get An Edge As A Daily Player Then String Bets Can Play To Your Advantage Due To The Takeouts From The Pools....example-depending What Circuit Your Betting If You Bet Three Races In A Row Parlaying Your Horses You Must Defy The 15-20 Percent Takeout 3 Times In A Row.if Playing A Pick 3 Ticket You May Only Have To Give Up To 20 Percent Takeout Once..this Is Huge To Everyday Players In The Longterm....the Cheapest Pick 4 Takeout In America Is Laurel Racetrack At 14 Percent,a Real Bargain..but Not Quality Racing On A Daily Basis.......

Gulfstream Today
Race 1 {2-6-7} #2 Catch Me If You Can..
Race 2 {3-4-5} #3 Could Be A Terrible Money Burner In Here.trainer Obviously Not Capable Of Spotting His Horse Properly Last Season..he Went 0-5 And Hasnt Won Since Oct.2007....#4 Bella-bella Flashed Speed In Last Prado Returns,second Off The Layoff Should Be Right There..#5 Wired The Field In $10,000n2l In Last,could Get Brave Again Today.........

Race 3 {5-8-11}
Race 4 {1-5-8-10} #1 Came Out Of The Same Race As #8 Mecke Me Free....#1 Broke From Post 10 That Day And Managed To Get Fourth With A Troubled Trip-steadied At The 1/8th. Pole....could Improve With Rider Change And Ground Saving Trip From The Fence.....#5 First Time Turf-first Claim..trainer Moves Are Huge In Here.morning Line Is Fraudulent As He Is Listed At 8/1..good Luck I Can See 3/1-7/2 Range......
Race 5 {6} #6 Horse For Course Play 3/3 Proabably Go Off At 6/5 Using In $20.00 Exacta Key 6/2-4 Coming Back With A 2-4-6 Box Cover Bet

Race 6 {6-8-9-11}
Race 7 {4-6-8}
Race 8 {1-4-7}
Race 9 {4-6-10-11-12} $1.00 Pick 4 Ticket Is $180.00 Pending Scratches...

Good Luck Today Guys Make A Bundle I Will Be Doing My Usual Rolling Pick 3 Tickets.boxing Exactas And A Few Tri-tickets........the Sad Part About Rolling Pick 3 Tickets Is If A Horse Goes Down You Can Lose Two Bets At Once.food For Thought.....

Comments

• HorseBettorHorseBettor Junior Member
    edited February 2009
    I'm pretty new to this so if you dont mind i may be popping my head in here every now and then with a few questions... just trying to learn and you seem like the person to ask...

Now, are these all exacta boxed bets that you have listed above and the 4 picks are the pick 4's? Some of these questions may be pretty dumb but like i said, im triyng to learn..lol.. just trying to start off good...Thank for any help
  • edited February 2009
    No I Dont Mind Answering Your Questions.if I Can Help I Gladly Will...generally If I Have 3 Horses In A Race I Box The Exactas--in Races Were I Have 4 Or More I Box Trifectas....yesterday Was A Good Example Race 7 At The Fairgrounds I Didnt Box My Horses As I Used 6 Horses In What I Felt To Be A Wide Open Race..naturally I Got Good Prices As The Exacta Paid $145.00 And Tri Was $1,100 But I Didnt Bet Them As It Was Just To Wide Open In My Mind..i Had Great Priced Horses In The Pick 4 And Got A Terrible Payoff,everybody Must Have Been Drunk On Fat-tuesday And Not Gambling..when You Catch An $18.00 With $13.00 With $3.80 With $12.00 Horse This Should Have Paid Easily $2,500 To $3,000.......i Suggest In The First 3 Races At Gulf Today You Play A Pick 3 Or Rolling Daily Doubles....race 5 #6 Looks Like A Standout So Im Keying Him And Coming Back With The {2-4-6}box....definitely I Play My Pick 4 Tickets And If I Get A Scratch Or Two The Cost Comes Down......hope This Helps You A Bit..even If Your A $1.00 Bettor Doubles Exactas Pick 3 Plays Can Payoff Good If You Catch A $20.00 Or Up Horse....good Luck.....
    edited February 2009
    Thanks for the help.. yeah i am just betting 2.00 until i get the hang of everything..but i will keep poking my head in.. appreciate it! and GL
  • edited February 2009
    Nothing Wrong With Betting Two Bucks ..they Let You Play $1.00 Doubles And Exactas At Gulfstream I Just The Scratches At Gulf My Pick 4 Ticket Is Down To $135.00....thats The Easy Part Betting..winning Thats Another Story .lol....good Luck To You Are You Betting On-line ????
    edited February 2009
    yeah im betting online..i actually just hit a exc boxed at meadows R1 5,6,7 i only hit two outta 3 didnt even know it pays anything if you hit 2 outta 3
    edited February 2009
    i forgot to tell you.. yesterday i hit off your last 2 picks at the fairgrounds.. had a 2-2 DD for last two races bet 4 came out with close to 70 i believe..
  • edited February 2009
    Good Glad To Hear It I Just Put 3 Bets In At Gulf For $285.00....$5.00 Pick 3 In Race 1 2-7 With 3-4-5 With 5-8-11......................................race 4 $5.00 Pick 3 1-5-8-10 With 6 With 6-8-9..............and My Pick 4 For $135.00..........................now I Can Bang Some Exactas And Trifectas When It Looks Right To Me Price Wise....the First Race Will Be Interesting To See If #2 Can Carry His Speed A Mile..jockey Needs To Rate Him Good To Have Some Left In The Tank In The Stretch...........
  • justin13892002justin13892002 Senior Member
    edited February 2009
    Good Luck today Gambler, hope ya hit them. I played rolling doubles and Pick 3's races 2 on. I really didnt like race 1 so I skipped it. Good Luck, lets cash some $$$$$!
  • edited February 2009
    Justin--i Lost Dq. Race 1 So I Played A $6.00 Pick 3 Race 2 4 With 5-8-11 With 5-8-10......cost $54.00 .........then I Played A Long Ticket For $2.00 With 3-4-5 With 5-8-11 With 1-5-8-10 For $72.00.....had The Exacta For $17.60 Boxed It For $10.00 Then Keyed 4/3-5 For $10.00...its A Start...good Luck To You...
  • edited February 2009
    Just Got Knocked Out Of Two Pick 3 Tickets For $126.00....................but Theres Good News Got A $1.00 Of The Super For $285.00 And I Bet $20.00 Across The Board On #5 At 10/1 Amazing That Horse First Time Turf For Excellent New Connections..i Didnt Pick The 6 Horse But When I Decided To Play The Super I Had To Use Him And Its A Damn Good Thing To.........i Actually Lost $5.00 On The Exacta As #5 I $2.00 Wheeled Him First And Second For $44.00.....
    edited February 2009
    i just lost a 10.00 exacta on R4 had 6-8 damn it, lol... have a DD going though with the 6 from R4 and the 6 from R5.. so really needing this 6 horse to pull through for me in this one..
  • edited February 2009
    i will root you in as with all the scratches he is 3/5 i cant play him just no value..if you have the racing form look at #5 in that last race the trainer stats were off the paper in every category-claim-first turf etc..that horse has an A rating for first time turf.i couldnt believe he was 10/1 thats why i bet him across the board..he tried to steal it wire-wire..ok im rooting for your 6 horse..
    edited February 2009
    wow.. nice odds for that one.. guess i wont be mad if he beats me out.. cant believe how much the #2 horse odds changed...
    edited February 2009
    quick question i have another DD with 6 of R5 and 11 of R6.. 11 was scratched so do i lose that bet? also have a pk3 with 6-11-6 does that lose too?
  • edited February 2009
    Down In Flames Pick 4 And $10.00 Exacta Box....minus $195.00......
  • edited February 2009
    The Daily Double You Will Get A Refund ...the Pick 3 You Get The Post Time Favorite In Race 6 Who Was #10 The Winner So Your Pick 3 Is Alive Going Into Race 7
    edited February 2009
    alright thanks..come and come on 6
    edited February 2009
    oops added a come
    edited February 2009
    is there anything i can do to better my chances of coming out in this race since i have horse 6 already.. or should i just wait and hope he wins?
  • DUNCODUNCO Banned
    edited February 2009
    gambler (KING) as stated yesterday what a shit card at the gulf but i like fri card and picking up paper tomorrow / i'll be sending them in from the beach because my pub girl needs someone to put oil on her hard to get to places, you may think it easy job but its not :toast:it's makes it hard to hold on to my beer
  • edited February 2009
    You Better Stick Around Till The 8th Race Today Im Sending It In On A Turf Filly Bonanza Tri-super Play..hang In There Speedy Till The 8th..
  • edited February 2009
    Dunco....race 7 $10.00 Pick 3 6 With 1-4 With 4-6-10-11-12 Cost $100.00

Race 8 Turf Super Key $1.00 1-4 With 1-4-6-7-10-12 Cost $120.00
  • DUNCODUNCO Banned
    edited February 2009
    Hey Take A Pill And Get Back In That Jacket They Put In Your Cell, Or No Dinner For u
  • edited February 2009
    That Shitting Frog-man And Maker Nailed Me...however Clements 8 Length Maiden Breaker Is Sitting On The Board At A Ripe 8/1 My Super Could Pay Nice Mcpeek Horse Off That Cheap Money Stake At Churchill Being Overbet.........let Him Falter A Bit And The Super Could Be Nice.......beach Bumming Tomorrow Im Jealous........hey A Nice Place For A Sunday Brunch In Deerfield Beach Is The Cove ..its Right On The Intracoastal...nice Place To Take A Broad For Sunday Cocktails......
  • DUNCODUNCO Banned
    edited February 2009
    HEY THE CAT MAN IS GIVING OUT FREE INFO. :laugh: THIRD AT SANTA
  • DUNCODUNCO Banned
    edited February 2009
    Wow 120+++ Looked At Your Picks , And Stronach Says!!!" Who's Your Daddy Gambler"
  • edited February 2009
    Stronach And Magna Are Broke Notice How No Matter Who Is Training His Horses They All Win.............something Stinks In The Air......i Just Boxed These 5 Horses In The Last Race Super For $60.00 50 Cent Super 4-6-10-11-12 Root Me Home You Old Pervert.....santa Anita First Leg Of Pick 6 Carryover Lookout..them Cheating Bastards In Ca.
  • DUNCODUNCO Banned
    edited February 2009
    I'M NOT OLD:nono:
  • DUNCODUNCO Banned
    edited February 2009
    I Like The 469,12
  • edited February 2009
    Dunco
    my Last Bet Of The Day Im Starving Santa Anita Race 4 #5 Drops In For A Tag 24 Percent Move For Trainer On That Drop .im Betting $100 Win On Him And 2 $20.00 Exactas 5/1-6 ...........................ordering White Clam Pizza Now....