Free selection from DiscreetPicks.com (Feb. 25)

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited February 2009 in Horse Racing Forum
Santa Anita - Race 3

#1 My City by the Bay (6/1 ml)

Very quick gelding has run consistently well in turf sprints, most notably when battling stakes winner Delta Storm to the wire back @ Del Mar. Catches a field here without much speed to challenge him early, and new rider Talamo should pop the gate and get this horse out there by himself early. Going a bit further, Brad Free points out in his DRF analysis that early speed has played very well over the downhill course of late, with 7 of the last 17 races having been won gate-to-wire, and 12-of-17 being won by horses within a length of the lead after a quarter-mile. That plays right to this guy's strength, obviously. He has also run quite well off the layoff in his last two attempts. Should fire a big shot here.

HRT record:

52 for 184 (28%)

$449.10 mutuels ($8.64)

Comments

• fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited February 2009
    Gl, Dc!!!!

Im on your back with this one.

FB
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited February 2009
    Tough beat. He led the whole way and just got nailed at the wire.
  • DUNCODUNCO Banned
    edited February 2009
    THANK GOD IT WAS FREE PICK , THE WEST COAST JOCKS ARE PITT-A-FILL BUNCH OF HAS- BEENS JULIE KRONE SHOULD COME BACK AND KICK THERE ASSES GOMEZ IS LIKE
    DOE-MENG -QUEZ AT THE DUCK EASY PICKINGS WHAT WAS TOMOCO DOING IN GOD NAME BUT HANGING ON AT 1:07 FOR 6F ,BUT THATS WHAT YOU FIGURED HE WAS GOING TO DO , NOT TO BUST YOUR NUTS WHICH I AM DOING BUT I BET BEJARANO AT 117 LBS. &8YEARS OLD BECAUSE HE THE BETTER JOCK AND HE GAVE HIS GAVE HIS NAG OUT OF THE 10 HOLE A GREAT RIDE BUT JUST COULD NOT BEAT THE TIME IF HE WAS ON YOUR HORSE NO DOUBT HE'S A WINNER AGAIN ITS NOT THE HORSE IT THE JOCK . :peace: