horses don't bet on people,
horses have too much sense,
horses don't have no remorses,
pulling wagons without recompense,
people who wager on horses
see their castles go up in smoke.
but horses don't bet on people
and that's why they never go broke.

maybe it's called horse sense. that's the savvy the smart players bring to every
betting situation. they stake their knowledge and skill against that of their opponents.
they bank on their superior expertise to win. smart players don't jump into no-win
propositions.

horseplaying involves decision-making and a lot of thinking, it's work, but it's fun too,
especially if you're on the winning end. you don't have to be a loser, the field is loaded
with them.

it all comes down to knowing and learning about money management, learning how
to keep turning a profit into another profit.

horseplaying is not for lazy people!!!!!

*will post things i have learned over the years....started back on big cap day...1971.....

Comments

• edited March 2009
    Turfman................since Your From Southern Ca. And Have Played Horses Almost As Long As Me You Have To Be Sick........you Have Seen Your Jockey Colony Decimated Without Compitent Replacements...you Have Seen Dirt Removed From Your Courses Mandated By Ca. Law...who Or What Politician Made All The Money Off That Deal ????? Half The Longtime Ca. Trainers Hate The New Surfaces.......when The Pick 6 Or Should I Say Fix 6 Is Your Biggest Marketing Tool And Not The Horses Its Sad....that Ass-hole Jeff Mullins Who Makes His Living Only Because Of Us Horse Bettors Called Us All Ass Holes Anybody That Bets On Horses...im Really Down On Ca. Racing As You Can Tell...pat V 33 Drug Bust...antleu The Od.headache.....but I Will Give You This In Ca..........chantall Took All Mikes Closet Space............ancient Title Hollywood Park Vs Bertram Firestones Super Filly Honest Pleasure......
  • DUNCODUNCO Banned
    edited March 2009
    west coast racing is just that, racing , no foundation under it like the east coast with it's history and its breeding farms most of the east coast trainers years ago were at one time a farmer, and you know what the US OF A has done to the farmer,i think it's funny we don't hear the prez say anything about the farmer , there almost like second class citizens, ,maybe thats because the farmer has to get his hand dirty & dosn't know how to use the keyboard , you know hard dirty work ,who wants to do that ,not the greedy . bring back our farms, all farms big bailout screw the auto makers. let them ride a horse:huh: gidddy -up!!
  • turfmanturfman Senior Member
    edited March 2009
    bill was a horseplayer
    a horseplayer's horseplayer.
    he was telling his friends he was going to santa anita
    a friend said" don't you know those horse races are fixed?
    yes he replied, but it's the only game in town!!!!

i have invested too much time and money to give up on my so. california race tracks!!!!
  • edited March 2009
    Turfman.............i Can Understand Your Plight You No As Well As Me How Great The Racing Was At One Point.i Was Stationed In Oakland Alameda Area From 1971-1977 And Even Golden Gate Had Some Clayy Racing Back Then ..on Big Stake Weekends At Hollywood Pk. Or Santa Anita Myself And A Few Of The Degenerates Would Haul Ass Down I-5 For The Weekend Drinking Gambling Womanizing All The Good Things In Life ..lol.lol..
    edited March 2009
    1st horseplayer.....i.ve found a doctor who can cure horse players.

2nd horseplayer.....where is this medical marvel?

1st horseplayer.....down the road a mile and an eight!!!!!
  • InTheFogInTheFog Senior Member
    edited March 2009
    First horse player should have replied " Down the road about nine furlongs"
    edited March 2009
    how important is the jockey? not nearly so important
    as the average racing fans thinks, the horse accounts
    for 90% of the battle and the jockey for 10% at best.
    many fans has gone home from the track broke by
    betting on the jockey, and not the horse. the great
    jockeys feel they are doing well when they win 1 out
    of every 5 mounts.