Free selection from DiscreetPicks.com (Mar. 5)

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited March 2009 in Horse Racing Forum
Santa Anita - Race 6

#4 Gabby's Golden Gal (3/1 ml)

This filly was extremely well-regarded last summer while residing in the McAnally barn, but something must've gone wrong during her third-place debut finish, as she disappeared for a long time afterwards. Resurfaced last month as a new addition to the Baffert barn, and ran a big race while outfinishing yesterday's pick Elle a Gent in time that was faster than it looks on paper. I touched on that briefly during the Elle a Gent analysis yesterday, and it's also worth noting that GGG's final time that day was almost identical to the finishing time of Unworldly Heat later on the same card. Unworldly Heat of course returned to win for us yesterday, and i think Elle a Gent's fine second-place effort yesterday flatters GGG as well. Could well improve here with the return race under her belt, and figures pretty tough vs. this first-level allowance group. The extra furlong may be to her benefit as well, considering her strong finish last time out (final furlong in under 12 seconds).

HRT record:

52 for 185 (28%)

$449.10 mutuels ($8.64 avg)

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited March 2009
    Ran second, paid $5.40 to place
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited March 2009
    the horse that one that race heartless vixen looked great striding out
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited March 2009
    Agreed.

I'm sick about it because i had her in her debut @ 8/1, and failed to come back with her today. If nothing else, i should've had an exacta. Still kicking myself.