Win Willy - the real deal?

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited March 2009 in Horse Racing Forum
FYI - Win Willy (previously unlisted) has been added to the Wynn's Derby sheet @ 75/1. He's not currently nominated to the Triple Crown, but he surely will be by the March 28 deadline. Plus he just picked up a nice chunk of graded earnings.

Speaking for myself, I was impressed with him today. He ran right past most of the field approaching the turn, and it looked like he galloped out pretty well also. Now consider that this was a horse making his two-turn debut, and he looks even more impressive. Undefeated on dirt, he looks like an interesting new contender from where I'm sitting. Incidentally, I wouldn't be shocked if he's sold within the next couple of weeks. The offers are probably pouring in as we speak.

Comments

• edited March 2009
    D.c. Im Sure Your Right About A Pending Sale..i Can Only Imagine Pegram And Baffert On The Phone
  • nuttinbutfunnuttinbutfun Member
    edited March 2009
    I beleive he's not the real deal once again go back a couple years to when a heavy faorite named Afleet Alex was beat by anotherr horse who came out of no where and was named the favorite for the arkansas derby on Afleet Alex blew the doors off, Old Fashion will be back again,
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited March 2009
    well idk if he is the real deal and we wont know that for a couple of weeks but I never really liked old fashion and I always thought he was overrated because he ran in weak races with lone speed...he just got ran right by with no fight...we will all see if he can bounce back.....
  • DELRIODELRIO Junior Member
    edited March 2009
    I look for him to win the Derby. He looks like he will be the horse to beat.
  • DUNCODUNCO Banned
    edited March 2009
    CAN I SMOKE SOME OF THAT:smoking: