What's your favorite horse racing movie?

pegastarpegastar Junior Member
edited March 2009 in Horse Racing Forum
I want to do a horse racing movie night, so I have been asking everyone I know.
There is The Sting but don't actually see the horse race, Kubrick's The Killing where they rob a track, Black Beauty, The Black Stallion.
Any other horse movies anyone recommends?

Comments

• edited March 2009
    ARE you kidding or what SEABISCUIT a great racing story..gary stevens chris mc caron as the actor jockeys.if you havent scene this its great......
  • InTheFogInTheFog Senior Member
    edited March 2009
    Let It Ride
    with Richard Dreyfuss
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited March 2009
    Let it Ride.....................no contest
  • edited March 2009
    pegastar...if you want a comedy then let it ride its hilarious and most of it was filmed in the hialeah clubhouse...if you want a true story about great racing seabiscuit is the best ever made...a comedy from the 1950-s there was a movie starring the marx brothers called a day at the races..
  • DUNCODUNCO Banned
    edited March 2009
    hand down let it ride "hey you never know!"
  • hue21998hue21998 Banned
    edited March 2009
    Let It Ride!!
  • edited March 2009
    ALL you let it ride guys have cardboard in your shoes for rainy days......you liked the broads tits in the clubhouse.

another great story-true story was pharlap the australian champion horse came to america in 1920--1930 to run in the richest race in the world which was held in tijuana mexico at caliente racetrack....the mafia and bookies killed the horse.......pharlap....look up on website about this horse...
  • edited March 2009
    go on google and punch in informationonpharlap and you get the life story melbourne cup winner career record 37 wins 55 lifetime starts ....poisined in ca. the horses body was stuffed and shipped to the austrailian horse racing hall of fame.....great movie....
  • turfmanturfman Senior Member
    edited March 2009
    from a true story.......phar lap

from movie point.....let it ride
  • wire2wirewire2wire Senior Member
    edited March 2009
    LET IT RIDE...my life story...w2w
  • pegastarpegastar Junior Member
    edited March 2009
    Ha ha, Let It Ride is awesome, I can't believe I didn't mention that.
    Just found some cool horse videos, looks like they want to make a movie with horses You Make My Day - The Movie can see video here YouTube - You Make My Day - Music Video
  • FloydrturboFloydrturbo Member
    edited March 2009
    Easy Money
    with Rodney Dangerfield when they are at the Trots is Hilarious
  • nuttinbutfunnuttinbutfun Member
    edited March 2009
    Lucky Number Sleven!!! LOL my live story!!
  • FLYBYNIGHTFLYBYNIGHT Senior Member
    edited March 2009
    If you have not seen Par Lap it is a great movie and one I would recommend..For pure comedy Let it Ride is the best.