Comments

• LordOrionLordOrion Junior Member
    edited April 2009
    Lets win DiscreetCat

I look foward to purchasing your picks and winning

SATURDAY =)
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited April 2009
    All of us pamplemousse lovers know he can rate he just dont have to because he is normally faster then everyone else.
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited April 2009
    rayphil wrote: »
    All of us pamplemousse lovers know he can rate he just dont have to because he is normally faster then everyone else.

He may be able to sit off the pace but if the pace is too fast he is in trouble. Getting too close to Z Day could be disaster. No matter how fast you think the Pamplemousse is Z Day is faster.

This race is not setting up well for the Pamplemousse.:idoit:
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited April 2009
    I'm pretty happy with the way the race has come together. With Pamplemousse in an outside post, and a target (or two) to his inside, i think he'll revert back to the kind of stalking trip that i posted above. Canani even stated after his The Pamplemousse's impressive gate-to-wire San Felipe win that "he's better when he follows somebody". And surely Canani/Solis must know that tring to wire the field in the Kentucky Derby probably isn't going to work, so i think they recognize the opportunity that exists here to get The Pamplemousse to relax off the pace a little bit. Regarding the post itself, he'll be one spot closer in after Take the Points scratches, and there's a decent run into the turn going 1 1/8 miles, so he should be able to get a good spot by the time they hit the turn. I think he's the horse to beat.
  • DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited April 2009
    That is the WHOLE problem. Z Day is going to run as fast and as far as he can. If the Pamplemousse stalks him while he runs a 1:09 he is going to get cooked. Can the Pamplemousse stay 4 lengths back.... I don't think so. Mr. Hot Stuff takes advantage of a hot pace and steals the race at the wire. We shall see good luck.
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited April 2009
    This is why they run the race...If zday runs a 1:09 and the mousse is 4 or 5 lengths backs he will be in second by himself which is just like being on the lead when you have one of them run off horses.. you can also tell zayat nice try for the rabbit....Its probably going to turn out chalk chalk exact
  • DUNCODUNCO Banned
    edited April 2009
    P.o.n. Will Just Sit Himself 4 Wide And Run His Race Pick Of The Leaders At 1/8 Pole ,gomez Will Then Tuck Wipe Under Arm Clinch Fist And Punch Out The Sun , On To Derby As Second Choice, Hoo-lee-ooo Will Quote The Track Was Favoring Closers, We Were To Close To The Pace