Learned something new Friday evening

TrotmanTrotman Senior Member
edited April 2009 in Horse Racing Forum
Played the pick 6 at the Meadowlands Friday evening

Lost the first race (actually race 4) had 3 selections, hit the next 5 in a row, no one had 6 for 6, thus the pay out was on 5 of 6, was suprised by what the computer spit out....any of you know what the answer is?

Just curious

Saturday I played it again, this time hit the first 5, lost the last one with 3 selections, it was hit by 5 people for 193,000 ...again there was a payout on 5 of 6

Comments

• turfmanturfman Senior Member
    edited April 2009
    if no one hits the pick 6.....only 25% of the pool is paid out to the winners who selected 5(rest is carried over)

if you hit the pick 6....75% is paid to the winners of the 6, and 25% to the ones who had 5 as a consolation.
  • TrotmanTrotman Senior Member
    edited April 2009
    Turfman,

You are correct and I knew that...what I was not aware of was the following:

In the 4th race on Friday night I used horses 3, 9, 10...the 6 won....a friend went to cash the ticket (679.20) after the 9th race. He came back with 3 times the amount...I figured I only had it once...each losing horse had 5 winners with it...so it was a mulitple winning ticket...Even the mutuel supervisor at the Meadowlands said the amount was wrong, after a 15 minute discussion with other track personnel it was paid. Same thing repeated Saturday night...3 horses in the 9th race all lost, but each losing horse number had 5 winners to go with it.
  • 2W2P2S2W2P2S Senior Member
    edited April 2009
    Trotman wrote: »
    Turfman,

You are correct and I knew that...what I was not aware of was the following:

In the 4th race on Friday night I used horses 3, 9, 10...the 6 won....a friend went to cash the ticket (679.20) after the 9th race. He came back with 3 times the amount...I figured I only had it once...each losing horse had 5 winners with it...so it was a mulitple winning ticket...Even the mutuel supervisor at the Meadowlands said the amount was wrong, after a 15 minute discussion with other track personnel it was paid. Same thing repeated Saturday night...3 horses in the 9th race all lost, but each losing horse number had 5 winners to go with it.

That is correct. Even if you hit the pick 6 trot, you get the pick 6 payout plus all combination of the consolation (5 out of 6) payouts. I've had tickets w/ over 30 consolation payouts before.

The Mutual Supervisor should have been fired on the spot.