Mettee Drops Hint about Godolphin Pair

fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
edited April 2009 in Horse Racing Forum
Mettee Drops Hint about Godolphin Pair. Rick Mettee, assistant to trainer Saeed bin Suroor, said that Godolphin and bin Suroor had not made a “definitive decision” on whether both Regal Ransom and Desert Party would run in the Kentucky Derby, but he gave a hint today at Churchill Downs.

“Both are going to work this weekend and that might help sort things out,” Mettee said. “No definitive decision has been made, but right now we’re planning on running both.”

Mettee said Alan Garcia, who rode Regal Ransom in the UAE Derby, was committed to ride for the stable in the Kentucky Derby. If both horses are entered in the Derby, the decision would be made then as to which horse Garcia would ride.

Both colts galloped over a fast track at Churchill Downs today. “They trained great, both of them,” said Mettee. “They galloped really well. They had jogged for a few days since clearing quarantine (on Saturday) and they both seemed to grab the track real nice.”

Comments

• DUNCODUNCO Banned
    edited April 2009
    Hello ,Frankee Dee get over here!! we need you
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited April 2009
    I'm holding out hope that one of them defects. Let's get Mr. Hot Stuff in!
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited April 2009
    I'm holding out hope that one of them defects. Let's get Mr. Hot Stuff in!

You think MHS can pull a Giacomo?
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited April 2009
    I think he could possibly capitalize on a fast pace should one develop, particularly at the distance. Looks like he'll run all day.

Btw, I just read that Theregoesjojo is out. Starting to look semi-promising for MHS.
  • hue21998hue21998 Banned
    edited April 2009
    He certainly would need to be mentioned on exotics even if he isn't put on top