Draynay Oaks-derby Double

edited April 2009 in Horse Racing Forum
Well After Reading Your Last 50 Post And See How Fixated And Blindsided On Your "quality Road" Mortal Lock Syndrome,and The Gulfstream Clock On Florida Derby Day I Have A Theory..............

What About The Grade 2 Bonnie Miss Stakes Ran The Previous Day Where "justwhistledixie" Ran The Fastest 1 1/8th. At The Meet {colts Or Fillies} She Ran Faster Than "albertus Maximus" Did In The Donn Handicap..so That Leeds Me To Believe You Have To Have A Single Oaks-derby Double ..

Justwhistledixie With Quality Road........easy Game................................

When Your Grandfather Took You To Churchill As A Child Im Sure His Intent Was Not To Leave You So "blinkered On/fixated" In This Tough Game Where Fortunes Have Been Lost On Sure Things...................................................

Dont Believe Everything You Read And See In This Game Always Keep An Open Mind.............beyer Figures Certainly Arent Written In Stone As They Tend To Be Changed When It Suits Certain People And Circumstances..................

Good Luck And Good Gambling.........................

Comments

• DraynayDraynay Banned
    edited April 2009
    Good Morning Gambler911.... I found this on another site and thought I would bring it here.... I could not say it better.

"Although the pace didn't seem especially fast, Fountain of Youth was the only one-mile race all week with a sub-46 opening half; in only one other race was the opening half under 47 seconds. In Sunday's Davona Dale, Frolic's Dream, one of the quickest fillies around, led through splits of 24.48 and 47.39. As for the Fountain of Youth's three-quarter split, 1:09.40, that stands out like a redwood in a pine forest. After the strange opening quarter (23.83), This Ones For Phil ran the next half-mile in 45.57, partly around a turn, and Quality Road made up a length on him. The average three-quarter split for the week was 1:12.84. Not counting the Fountain of Youth, it was 1:13.19, and in only four races was the opening six-furlong split under 1:13, the second fastest time of the week being 1:12.30. As for Quality Road's final time, 1:35.01, that too, is towering. The average for the week was 1:38.60. Not including the Fountain of Youth, it was 1:38.96. In winning the Davona Dale by 3 3/4 lengths, Justwhistledixie ran the second-fastest mile of the week, 1:37.67, which of course, is about 13 lengths slower than Quality Road's effort. And so what does this all mean? Well, for one thing, it means the Fountain of Youth was superlative. For another, it means that Quality Road, even though he has yet to run around two turns, probably should be rated higher than No. 4. And for yet another, it means he could become a superstar."

LOL, first the Gulfstream track was too slow, consider the Fountain of Youth. No one could run faster than 1:37.67. Then, the talk was Quality Road couldn't handle two turns. Then, the Gulfstream track was too fast. Man, this is getting hilarious. And, let me remind some folks that the weird first quarter in the Fountain of Youth, was the result of Gulfstream not giving the horses the 60 foot running start prior to the timer being started, as is the standard operating procedure at just about every other American racetrack. The second quarter was done in 21.72 after an opening quarter in 23.83. So, Quality Road's mile was really a 1:34ish, granted the other horse's times, running down there, would have been a little quicker, too.

People not having a clue about what they have seen, or what the other horses are dealing with. Evans was offered $2.5 million after Quality Road broke his maiden. There was a reason. Knowledgable people in this business are not stupid. And anyone who believes Quality Road will be on the lead in the Derby, doesn't have a clue about the horse, the race, or the connections, as far as I'm concerned.

I am stuck on Quality Road because I really cannot make a case for any other horse. The California horse are average and Friesan Fire beat average horses in average times. When they have to face Dunkirk and Quality Road we will see how good they really are. I will see you in the winners circle....you can take my picture;-)
  • edited April 2009
    I Personally Dont Care For Any Of The California Horses Either......i Might Use Chocolate Candy To Fill Out Tri-super Tickets........im Not Using Pioneer Of The Nile As I Dont Care For That Horse At All............i For One Being An East Coast Handicapper Always Use The Florida Derby As A Good Gauge For Selecting My Picks....i Used It When I Witnessed Monarchos Make His Bold Sweeping Move And Last Year I Was Fixated With Big Brown In His First Allowance Test Taken Off The Turf With Kent Up And With The Easiest Of Hand Rides He Swept By The Other Plugs...........then In The Florida Derby The Public After Witnessing Him Win From The # 12 Post Jumped On The Bandwagon...............dont Believe I Want Revenge Cant Give Quality Road And Dunkirk The Race Of His Lifetime...........how Often Can A Horse Be Left In The Gate Spot The Field A Big Margin Then Encounter Traffic Problem In The Stretch And Still Get Up To Win,i Call That One Gutsy Performance..watch That Replay 4-5 Times And See If That Doesent Open Your Eyes A Bit.......it Shows A True Racehorse That Could Overcome That Type Of Disastourous Start............and Dont Stare At The Clock..please Keep An Open Mind......after I Cash My $5,000 In Derby Tickets In Im Off To The Scalpers At Mgm Grand As I Want To See The Manny Paquia Ricky Hatton Fight.............
  • DUNCODUNCO Banned
    edited April 2009
    the object is to have your horse peak in the derby not three week earlier granted a gr1 win and $1mill purse is nothing to laugh at ...but as seen many many times out west it not the winner of the race that runs big it's the one that used the race as a prep for the big dance...q road & dumbkirk.. sore horses ...mott says PON can't run on dirt...will see.. baffert has good carma going right now (just signed for a $1.7mill 2yr old at keen-land) ...no way Gomez chose dunkirk over PON ....he had paper work with his name on it ... but who cares THE OIL MAN IS AT THE DOOR WITH HIS HAND OUT...AND WHO WAS THE JOCK THAT WON THE BELMONT....HUMMM..TWO IN A ROW ...BIG WIN IN OIL LAND...CROWD OF 94K AT BELMONT .. LETS STEP IT UP TO 150K.....ALAN WHO???
  • edited April 2009
    Dunco................the Oil Man Better Get To Jiffy Lube..........they Get Nothing And I Believe Only 1 Of Them Will Run........but You Can Get 15--20/1 On Him.....p.s. Pay The Rent On The First......with Your Anaylsis I Dont Want To Hear About Any Eviction Notices..lol..lol....i Heard There Are Somali Pirates In Louisville.......named Dutrow,mullins,baffert Etc...........
  • DUNCODUNCO Banned
    edited April 2009
    GAMBLER911 wrote: »
    Dunco................the Oil Man Better Get To Jiffy Lube..........they Get Nothing And I Believe Only 1 Of Them Will Run........but You Can Get 15--20/1 On Him.....p.s. Pay The Rent On The First......with Your Anaylsis I Dont Want To Hear About Any Eviction Notices..lol..lol....i Heard There Are Somali Pirates In Louisville.......named Dutrow,mullins,baffert Etc...........

ADVICE FROM THE GUY WHO WAS ON THE PAMPLEMOSSE BAND WAGON I GUESS HE SHOWED P.O.N WHAT A PHONY HE WAS .........NEXT VICK-TUM..........Q-ROAD, GOMEZ,DUMBKIRT.ECT ECT.....? OAK-DERBY DOUBLE $2 ONLY ON CAN YOU SLIDE IN WITH A BUCK
    MY DERBY ......FOUR DUAL QUIF &THE OIL MAN EX BOX AND LIKE TO DO OAK DOUBLE I HIT THE FIRST ONE IN 1991 WITH C MCARRON $350? I THINK THAT THE LAST ONE ALSO
  • edited April 2009
    Hope You Were Not Refering To Me I Was Never On Pamplemousse Bandwagon,however I Did Make The Comment Of The West Coast He Appeared To Be The Best........never Bet On Him And Seen Him Run Twice...............